Hrafn replied to the topic NiTe - Teal Swan & The Ego in the forum Vultology & Learning Center 7 years, 8 months ago
One more thought on this....In the sense that ego means something like "the overarching story I tell myself about who I am," I feel like my ego is more like a pattern of relationships to all four of my different functions (or perhaps even to all eight that are floating around in collective consciousness) rather than a fixation on only one of them.…Read more
Ash Rose replied to the topic Dominant Function as Undervalued in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@bera I think my main beef is with the terms “conscious” and “valued” and how they are being used here, but I think I may have it straightened out. Jung says our dominant function is always conscious and our inferior cannot become conscious.
Socionics says our first and second functions are valued, conscious, and represent our ego which is how…Read more
Ash Rose replied to the topic What Are Emotions? in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 8 months ago
Mankind has been programmed with what Jung would call the transcendent function which allows us to bring parts of our unconscious into consciousness. So far, from what I understand about AI, Deep Learning has this ability to begin the individuation process and transcend. Unlike mankind, however, it cannot yet complete the process and individuate.…Read more
Hrafn replied to the topic NiTe - Teal Swan & The Ego in the forum Vultology & Learning Center 7 years, 8 months ago
Argh, I just wrote a reply to this and it got eaten up by the scroll-wheel on the mouse I'm using! I think I remember what I wanted to say though.
I've been wondering about and interested in this topic for quite a while, and I still have some curiostities about it. I guess the first thing is that I'm assuming "ego" refers to the same sort of…Read more
Bera replied to the topic Dominant Function as Undervalued in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@Eliza Day - so, you think you are not typed right? Or do you think you are FiSe but for some reason Fi doesn't feel conscious?
I can't relate to what you said about being cold and robotic and it's even more confusing because you are a seelie Fi user and Fi lead.
I relate to what @Septimus Rosa Chalier said - I feel very strong emotions almost…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Dominant Function as Undervalued in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
I have tried to explain this way of looking at ego fixation before yet it didn’t get much of a response.
As TiSe-Ni You be a Compass of the Ni realm of conscientiousness. In short Ji of the Ni realm. In a nutshell TiSe brain with a Ni mind.
As SeFi-Fi You’d be a Explorer of the Fi realm of conscientiousness. In short Pe of the Fi realm. In a nu…
Septimus Rosa Chalier replied to the topic Dominant Function as Undervalued in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@elisaday, do you reject things or are you indifferent to them? And what do you mean by ''cold, robotic and ruthless''? I knew someone with this ''completely forgetting how to feel'' and that "way too tolerant" side. She would drown in the feelings of others, then a wave of ''i don't know how i feel'' would hit her... (I think there is a similar…Read more
