EpicEntity replied to the topic Reason > Application > Meaning/Truth in the forum Spirituality & Philosophy 7 years, 7 months ago
<span style="font-size: 18pt;">A little bit of context</span>
Auburn
It’s to the idea of a “personal God” generally speaking: to one that can hear your prayers, one that has a concern for whether or not you get the job you want, whether or not your child gets cured of cancer, etc. The “father please watch over Robert, and his son who’s going thr…
EpicEntity started the topic Reason > Application > Meaning/Truth in the forum Spirituality & Philosophy 7 years, 7 months ago
From my years of life till today it seems like reason is better off serving application. Where as application would serve truth and meaning. Perhaps there is a way to accidentally over-indulge in one of the three while neglecting the other two.
Any open ending agreements or disagreements? Is this dumb a question... a smart a question? Is it…Read more
EpicEntity replied to the topic God, Patterns, and Reality in the forum Spirituality & Philosophy 7 years, 7 months ago
Yes, it’s the majority view, but why is it a problem? It’s fine if someone doesn’t prefer this conception, but if you’re gonna go further and mock something like militant atheists do, you’d better do it on the basis of reason, not preference. I like vanilla better than strawberry doesn’t justify mocking strawberry. There’s no logical reason I can…
EpicEntity replied to the topic God, Patterns, and Reality in the forum Spirituality & Philosophy 7 years, 7 months ago
Preclude: I kind of strung this together; mostly from thought I was already having, while throwing in some of the concepts shared in this thread.
Just started mature my thinking of deism and perhaps theism. I'm starting off with the "personal god" and I may or may not move on to a "whole god". Seeing as the human brain must have physiological…Read more
Tea replied to the topic Cognitive Typology's Aims, Methods & The Future in the forum Official & Introductions 7 years, 7 months ago
There were many fitting frame selections from this movie, but this scene is for the collective.
Bera replied to the topic NeFi's with Social Anxiety in the forum General Psychology 7 years, 7 months ago
@XxIlluminisxX - I love Death Note ! I didn't watch the anime but I read the manga series and loved both Light and L and the whole cat and mouse game between them. I did not read the ending though because after a certain event I stopped caring (I think you will guess the event but I don't want to spoil it for others).
Regarding age and being more…Read more
EpicEntity replied to the topic Cognitive Typology's Aims, Methods & The Future in the forum Official & Introductions 7 years, 7 months ago
I don't mind being Tea's cross-referencing assistant. 😉
