Latest Activity

Latest Activity

  • The fundamental issue is whether or not the Fe myth is that of the Hero. Part of the problem here could be that the language is too broad - doesn't everyone want to be a hero? I certainly do.

     

    I might offer that perhaps a better word would be messiah, or something more specific, a particular type of hero. @Auburn might have something more…Read more

  • @auburn

    I think this was my problem with it. I had written this in another post:

    [SPOILER]

    Villains are often the tyrants & tricksters that embody one function fully, like a 50 year old infant, whereas heroes are the ones that face their shadow and incorporate something more.

    I’d like to see this heroism reflected in the characters chosen f…Read more

  • This is funny to be because I read your posts as though you’re making a point about the universal structure of the CT system, and interpret it that way, and try to boil down on what changes you’re pointing to.

    I was talking about the fundamental structure of the system, actually; but using examples to try to make my point. But now, I feel lik…

    Read more

  • The problem I’m having is that I see the stories of complex characters, who have developed many functions or have very human trajectories, being cast as examples of “Fe myths” – regardless of what their type actually is. I see 1-dimensional characters who have never put themselves through the grind in any way and have no additional functio…

    Read more

  • @faeruss

    Just wanted to write a few remarks on the Hero Myth and the Hero’s Journey. As far as I can see, I think it is universal, and it is the meta-story that arises from the other stories, though I can see how this could be my own bias. An Ne myth-story of Wanderlust is to me just a sub-plot and not the main story, though I realise how extreme…

    Read more

  • After yesterday’s discussion in discord, I’m still a little confused about Fe vs Fi+Te. How does the latter arrive at what nearly looks like this attribute:

    "The mind-over-body attribute of Fe comes from a place of pain-endurance rather than pleasure or thirst. It comes from the recognition of flaws, from discipline, mental fortitude and sel…

    Read more

  • @auburn

    I don't think it's necessary to ethicize Te, nor do I have any problem with the idea that some people have a 'live and let live' philosophy. Nor do I see the need to change any of the definitions.  Everything you said in your last post makes perfect sense to me, and I understand how morality and a 'need to improve' is connected to J…Read more

See More Posts
Latest Database Additions
Loading RSS Feed
Introductions
Cognitive Typology
Other Typologies
Personal Life
Global and Social
Articles on this site are the intellectual property of Juan Eduardo Sandoval. They have been made public to help spread awareness of this evolving field of study, but please include attribution in any external use. Thank you.
Read more about it here.

Social Media

© Copyright 2012-2022 Juan E. Sandoval - Use Policy
bookcommentsgroupenvelopegraduation-hatbookearth linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram