Animal started the topic Pe Leads - Inspiration vs. Perspiration. Do you work Hard? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
*Note: Other types can comment too, if you have an especially strong opinion about this in your own life, or if you observe something about Pe leads regarding hard work.
There has been some debate on other threads, regarding the "Fe Hero Myth." The idea is that P encapsulates a "Live and let Live" philosophy, whereas J functions are more about…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Although I have shared my philosophy about trial by fire, I will say that, as a Pe lead, I still very much do follow a Pe trajectory, now that I think about it.
As a kid, I had a lot of flying dreams and in my 20s, I wrote a novel about a girl who could fly. The novel had a lot of low-Ni paranormal elements. It a Pe-Pi mindfuck book. Yet, the…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@faeruss I wish I were Ti. You summed up the problem I was having in just a few short paragraphs and I was probably giving Auburn a headache 🙁 but I was basically trying to say the same thing.
Fe = Hero
Seems fundamentally off to me. And I anticipate a lot of future problems with new users coming in, who already think they're INFJs - if they…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Another observation: the myth of the Hero seems to have a positive connotation or bias that the other myths don’t have. The myths of the other functions exist in a neutral form, and can take a light or dark shade, but what is the neutral form of the Hero? That should give us pause at least.
Bingo.
You can't ascribe something as universally de…Read more
Faeruss replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Another observation: the myth of the Hero seems to have a positive connotation or bias that the other myths don't have. The myths of the other functions exist in a neutral form, and can take a light or dark shade, but what is the neutral form of the Hero? That should give us pause at least.
Animal replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I would strongly, strongly agree with "Messiah" for Fe. To me this seems obvious and it is also not something that I'd see my most ideal self 'stepping into.'
However I think most people's most ideal self steps into a hero role in some way, so that particular role should not be associated specifically with Fe.
About Harry Potter:…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@faeruss
Thank you, I think you worded well what I was trying to get at.
I might offer that perhaps a better word would be messiah, or something more specific, a particular type of hero. @auburn might have something more specific in mind when he talks of the myth of the Hero.
This is exactly what I'm trying to say, but I lack the Ti or whatever it…Read more
