Animal replied to the topic NiTe - Teal Swan & The Ego in the forum Vultology & Learning Center 7 years, 8 months ago
I don't think it's right to say that, for instance, some of my own protests to the Se description simply "Don't feel like me."
I am not actually good at physical feats, never was. My mother had to explain to me in words how to tie my shoes, and I left every dance class crying because I could not copy the moves. These are facts. I still see…Read more
Animal replied to the topic NiTe - Teal Swan & The Ego in the forum Vultology & Learning Center 7 years, 8 months ago
Does this mean we are viewing "ego" as an equivalent to "sense of identity?"
As in, ego is the idea that "This is what makes me who I am?"
Including people who feel that they "aren't" anything because they have an ego in "no ego" or an idea of no-self as an "identity?"
Is 'ego' identity?
Juan E. Sandoval replied to the topic NiTe - Teal Swan & The Ego in the forum Vultology & Learning Center 7 years, 8 months ago
^ Right.
That was part of my recent rationality for removing 'ego' from the matching system equation.
It seems far more complex a matter than a preference for just one function.
Some people have their ego in their T/F/N/S abilities, but others have in on their ethnicity, height, job, etc. It can be anything, it seems. And not everyone has an ego…Read more
Hrafn replied to the topic NiTe - Teal Swan & The Ego in the forum Vultology & Learning Center 7 years, 8 months ago
I couldn't agree more with this!:
I think the Ego is a composite, it doesn’t choose just one function.
That’s why, more and more, I’m convinced the ego is not attached to any one function but is simply the totality of what ‘feels like me’, and excludes what ‘doesn’t feel like me’, in a type.
... and this:
I think the idea of everyone choosi…
Faeruss replied to the topic Articles: New in the forum Official & Introductions 7 years, 8 months ago
To continue the discussion and analysis, and offer a useful and contrasting experience, Linus (a TiNe with, I posit, Si conscious) has written his reactions point-by-point to both the Ji and Pi articles:
Pi: Global narratives
About the rote memorization, I don't lean towards it either. I will do it, it's important, but it's more of a…Read more
Faex replied to the topic NiTe - Teal Swan & The Ego in the forum Vultology & Learning Center 7 years, 8 months ago
I agree, Aub, but I think the Ego is a composite, it doesn't choose just one function. I agree with you about this:
This video about the ego is quite interesting to me. I see the ego having other vital functions in the psyche aside from self-protection, so I find her a bit more condemning of it than is necessary, but I do think she’s generally r…
Faex started the topic Using Hypnosis to develop EQs in the forum Health & Lifestyle 7 years, 8 months ago
Just an idea. I think it at least wouldn't hurt, lol.
