Faex replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
So, like I said, we need to differentiate between the story of the ego (individuation) and the hero as an archetypal character in stories (Fe).
Between the hero/protagonist and the hero character (Hero Xter)
For example, in Moanna, the protag is a hero in both senses but Maui is the hero xter (as well as trickster). He is "the champion",…Read more
Faex replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Here's the problem I see:
If we say Fe is a hero but not the hero's journey, there's no problem. Then Fe is like the myths of the other characters: archetypal roles like King, Prince, Trickster, Puer, Senex, etc.
But if we then claim that Fe is the hero's journey, we're making Fe the story as opposed to a character. The story is the story of the…Read more
Keso replied to the topic Depict a Member in the forum The General Hall 7 years, 7 months ago
Awww!!!
I had Paprika as my profile picture on facebook ;p
Faex replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I still hold that this is the meta-story and is archetypically universal.
@faeruss, I agree! This is not western in any way. Campbell boiled stories down to the hero's journey because he found it was universal. He found it in myths, songs, stories from all over the human world. In addition, this is the story of the ego, not a particular function.
Juan E. Sandoval replied to the topic Subjective Orientation of Introverted Functions in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Metabolically, introversion is the process by which information is evaluated statically rather than dynamically. The subject of thoughts turns in on the information rather than branching out, and focuses on the content in-itself.
So the activity of introversion is a bit like how a cow digests its food using four stomachs. The same limited…Read more
Faeruss replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
So you are claiming that the Hero's Journey à la Campbell is fundamentally Fe? When I said a while back that the fundamental question was whether
The fundamental issue is whether or not the Fe myth is that of the Hero.
I meant Hero in the Hero's Journey way. I still hold that this is the meta-story and is archetypically universal. I have…Read more
Faex replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Despite a proliferation of other protagonist in folklore, it remains the case that the most quintessential “hero” story and monomyth is nevertheless the Fe one in the modern understanding.
I don't understand, @auburn: Are you saying the hero's journey proper is Fe? Isn't it the ego's journey? How is it Fe? I think Fe is one iteration of the hero'…Read more
