Bera replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I think we have a new thread split, I will look what happened and come back. 🙂
Juan E. Sandoval replied to the topic The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Jokes aside, I would say that the description being passed around gives it more of an Fe tint/shade, this whole talk of rising to power etc, but the story structure properly is much more general, for instance the hero returns to where he/she starts with something of value, not necessarily becoming the King of His Domain, that is more of a specific…
Faeruss replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
For sure the idea of being called to a “pre-assigned” communal rule is positively stomach-churning to me. It sounds more like a prison than a calling. Breaking free of such “duties” is a fundamental part of my myth.
When I think of my journey/yearning, I’m trying to be myself (express my talents/gifts/nature): That’s the goal. It involves expl…
Juan E. Sandoval replied to the topic The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I've finally split this off into its own thread, since we're way past Harry Potter. But I will have to sleep and get back to this later. I'm glad my point makes sense Fae --yes I think we can do better with an Fi rendition, and it would help improve psychoanalysis if we had type-targeted mythical narratives, for instance, even if I agree that all…Read more
Faex replied to the topic The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
called to ascend to power, often taking his father’s place,
This is what I mean, @auburn. Not appealing to me in the least. Why should I take up someone else's place? And who's "calling me to power"? Not interested! I want to live my own life. This is my myth; 100%. I think my myth is the anti-Fe myth. I'd consider it a tragedy if I didn't live m…Read more
Faex replied to the topic The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Wow, @auburn! That's cool. I think I see what you mean. I like the second solution; (Yes, I'm equating hero's journey with individuation; and I see now what you're getting at.)
2. Saying everyone has an individuation journey, and classify the ‘hero journey’ as one subset of individuation related to Fe.
I agree with this. I hadn't thought of it thi…Read more
Juan E. Sandoval replied to the topic Harry Potter's Fictional Type in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
So, what I am saying relates directly to this problem of classification we are having here, which is why I don't wanna leapfrog it. Let me try to propose a distinction, to show you what I mean:
Individuation: The process of coming into one's own, as a normal process of human growth and life. Growing up, living one's "true life" and becoming a…Read more
