Supah Protist replied to the topic Subjective Orientation of Introverted Functions in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
That’s what I was thinking. I’m asking a question about content as opposed to processing. CT measures processing as opposed to content. I do wonder though, if there’s space in the theory for content.
This conects back to earlier in this thread when I was asking about whether or not Pi could be more introspective than currently conce…Read more
Animal replied to the topic The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
If we say Fe is a hero but not the hero’s journey, there’s no problem. Then Fe is like the myths of the other characters: archetypal roles like King, Prince, Trickster, Puer, Senex, etc.
When reading this in passing, @Ivory said to me: "On this list, Fe is the Mentor."
That's right. All of those characters listed can be 'Heroes.'
But figu…Read more
Animal replied to the topic The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I wrote some posts in the Harry Potter thread which belong here, on this topic.
The Bible, The Sumerian Tablets, etc.
Satan is a trickster. It’s just the way things are. As Auburn once wrote, the King who can no longer tolerate the Jester is a tyrant.
The stories about a God who can’t tolerate being questioned and requires absolute faith wit…Read more
Ivory replied to the topic The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Throwing some fish in these stormy waters:
I think that the greatest example of the Hero's Journey is found in the best selling book: The Bible. Jesus Christ's life-story itself (he's Fe dom is he not?) follows that cycle to the T.

His story is much older than the Bible itself, and I would argue (but won't..) that it is much, much older…Read more
Animal replied to the topic The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
We have already established on Discord and elsewhere that Se/Ni "holism" has a kind of "as above, so below" convergent mentality, whereas Ne is divergent. In the Ni description - which very much describes how my own stories unfold - there is talk about the world as "fractals;" patterns which show up everywhere and repeat. This is how I see t…Read more
Umbilical Sphere replied to the topic The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
"Let me try to propose a distinction, to show you what I mean:
Individuation: The process of coming into one’s own, as a normal process of human growth and life. Growing up, living one’s “true life” and becoming a man/woman.
Hero’s Journey: A specific mythical narrative involving a protagonist that is called to ascend to power, often taking hi…Read more
Bera replied to the topic The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Oh, here is the thread. 🙂
So, I also thought Hero Myth could represent Fe like Trickster Myth represents Se but I had doubts regarding Fe being specifically associated with the Hero's Journey.
What seems to strike me though is what you said about Jungian therapy. I never heard it did not work for everyone, but, to be completely honest, I…Read more
