Faex replied to the topic Seelie & Adaptive vs. Unseelie & Directive: Is it Related to Conflict Avoidance? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Yeah, we've always known seelie/unseelie is not about good/bad, but this goes out the window soon as we say it because of the "light/dark" associations I think. Of course Auburn has always clarified that even the light/dark is NOT good/bad, but certain images have strong associations that go beyond CT and Typology so that they are very difficult…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Seelie & Adaptive vs. Unseelie & Directive: Is it Related to Conflict Avoidance? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I personally feel that when I'm pushing someone to fix something or confront an issue, I'm being a good person. There is a huge difference for sure- between "flipping out at" people vs being straight forward and applying pressure in order to get the job done. Indeed, people do assume I'm "bad" just because I'm inclined to apply pressure and…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Seelie & Adaptive vs. Unseelie & Directive: Is it Related to Conflict Avoidance? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Yes!! It was more my "nakedness" and "candor" that was bothering me, and also how I absorb other people's emotions.
I never personally associated it with "good vs bad" - my father was always my "hero" and he's very directive. He and I both agree with Peterson, that it's amoral to do something for someone that they can do themselves. On…Read more
Rua replied to the topic Seelie & Adaptive vs. Unseelie & Directive: Is it Related to Conflict Avoidance? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Forgive me if this has been said elsewhere but are the F attitudes represented clearly and visually like the functions themselves or are these more strictly psychological observations?
Faex replied to the topic Seelie & Adaptive vs. Unseelie & Directive: Is it Related to Conflict Avoidance? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@auburn, that's a good way to distinguish them. Kudoz! At least we can now get past the "light/dark" way of speaking about them which make us go straight to "good/bad". Auburn, I think I'm both! I have aaaalllll those problems you pointed out; eek!
Seelie/Adaptive
Do you struggle to speak up?
Not if it's a general topic. If it's about me, I…Read more
Juan E. Sandoval replied to the topic Seelie & Adaptive vs. Unseelie & Directive: Is it Related to Conflict Avoidance? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@animal - By the way, thank you so much for pressing me to address this matter! This has really needed clarity, and you help get me off my ass about it. Although the general distinction was made in the book (how it relates to ethical strategies), but in far less detail. I've been sitting on this, trying to put better words to it. I think this…Read more
Rua replied to the topic Seelie & Adaptive vs. Unseelie & Directive: Is it Related to Conflict Avoidance? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
This helps me clarify some things regarding my own psychology and for the system in general.
In Fe, directivity means being willing and capable to assert and be aggressive for the sake of doing what is right. Directive Fe is actually noble, in that it can defend against wrongdoings, protect the weak, and also fortify them.
It was initially a…Read more
