Faeruss started the topic Alpha & Gamma Interactions in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
This interaction could be used to perform a case study on communication styles --- truly fascinating. I will let Animal answer the questions about edginess and rowdiness --- though I have similar complaints about aspects of the Ni descriptions.
An important observation and distinction to make is that every one can master skills. Se seems to…Read more
Juan E. Sandoval replied to the topic Pe Descriptions. Should we focus on Hunter-Gatherer, Synchronicity, Channeling? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@animal - So, serious question -- how is what you're describing different than saying things like Se has an affinity for the kind of challenge, sensory engagement and volition that comes from sports and car racing, etc?
What is it that seems dumb or shallow about sports?
Are we just trying to sidestep social taboos here?
If I say Se is into…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Pe Descriptions. Should we focus on Hunter-Gatherer, Synchronicity, Channeling? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
The main issue is that Se has been framed more as a 'passive receiver and seeker of sensory experiences,' who gets bored if those experiences don't happen to be present, and then just falls prey to addictions. The more active, decisive side of Se, involves mastery, the hunt, the chase, getting in 'the flow' to make an impact on the world. F…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Pe Descriptions. Should we focus on Hunter-Gatherer, Synchronicity, Channeling? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
To summarize:
The emphasis on 'internal experience of sensations' as in, enjoying the thrill - is only part of the story. Socionics argues that this is Si, subjective sensing. I do think Se has some more focus on internal experience than Socionics credits them for, but there's also a lot of truth in Se users needing to make an impact in the…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Pe Descriptions. Should we focus on Hunter-Gatherer, Synchronicity, Channeling? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Jung, on Extraverted Sensation. I selected quotes that show how there's a refinement here, which I think you're touching on in the 'aesthetics' section, but it's about refinement, aesthetic purity and sacrifice for the sake of style, rather than just things which "feel good" (which is tinted with Si concerns) or which are culturally acceptable. I…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Pe Descriptions. Should we focus on Hunter-Gatherer, Synchronicity, Channeling? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Regarding trends, I see what you mean. It may be a word-choice thing. Yeah, I was more hesitant about that section. I guess what would have made it more 'palatable' to me is having something included about expressing yourself through clothes and aesthetics? I know that both me and @ivory do this.
We are both very stylish like the…Read more
Animal replied to the topic Pe Descriptions. Should we focus on Hunter-Gatherer, Synchronicity, Channeling? in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@auburn
I apologize about my tone. I'll change the title of the thread. 🙂
I was in the wrong mood and wasn't cautious or thoughtful about how I said things. I'm sorry.
