Tea replied to the topic Subjective Orientation of Introverted Functions in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
SupahProtist, thank you for sharing this. I've thought about this in the past and feel similarly. Am I sure all processes are slave and subordinate to Pe, or does my Pe serve a grander agenda? It often feels it does.
Supah Protist replied to the topic Subjective Orientation of Introverted Functions in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Hey @bera,
I would agree that I'm using Pe in service of self discovery, but I think that my self discovery process differs from the process you described. I am comparing subjective content with objective content in order to facilitate self discovery, but as far as I can tell, my self discovery is more intentional. It's not a side effect of…Read more
Supah Protist replied to the topic Subjective Orientation of Introverted Functions in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I would agree that any type is capable of introspection, but different types will introspect for different reasons and about different things, right? What I'm noticing is that my introspection (more accurately self exploration) doesn't have an object-oriented (proactive) agenda, which I think one would expect from a proactive type. So I guess when…Read more
Bera replied to the topic Subjective Orientation of Introverted Functions in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I am also an Se lead and I focus a lot on understanding myself. And I think I do this primarily using Se and Fi. I perceive something, an object (and ideas or theories are also considered objects), by exploring the world, and then I try to discern if this object is aligned to my values/feelings/interests or not and after that, if I am successful,…Read more
Faeruss replied to the topic Subjective Orientation of Introverted Functions in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
First, I would say that any type is capable of introspection, so let's get that out of the way. Addressing more specifically some of your concerns, the word "object" seems to be the problem here. Quoting the metabolism article on energetics, we see that "Object = An object refers to any dataset that can be entertained conceptually as a standalone…Read more
Supah Protist replied to the topic Subjective Orientation of Introverted Functions in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Hey @faeruss,
My confusion results from the description of Pe as necessarily proactive or oriented towards the object.I know I'm engaged in Pe exploration when I'm asking questions like the one in the original post or reading information about typology, I'm exploring objective content, but these activities don't seem to fit with having Pe in a…Read more
Faeruss replied to the topic Subjective Orientation of Introverted Functions in the forum Model 1 Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
You say you are focused on self-discovery, and that sounds like Pe to me. Also, Pi is not the sum of Perception + Introversion, which seems to be your confusion, and a Pe-lead with an introverted bent can focus plenty on so-called internal perception. Overall, my sense is that what you are describing is a combination of Se and introversion, you…Read more
