Reply To: The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives

Index Forums Cognitive Functions The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives Reply To: The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives

Faex
Participant
  • Type: NeFi
  • Development: ll--
  • Attitude: Seelie

It’s a subtle nuance, and the two journeys can have a lot of parallels, but I think it’s about the impetus being essentially the self or collective. Does this make any sense?

I agree, @alerith. I think this “collective” element inherent in Fe is what makes it difficult to find a name for it that doesn’t sound inherently saintly or positive: hero, saviour, champion, protector, even mentor. The difficulty we’re experiencing is how to describe a kind of ‘service’ quality embedded in Fe because of the relationship with “other” or “collective”. The opposite of individualism. But just as long as we don’t confuse this with the ego’s journey to wholeness itself (universal myth) I think we can find something.

I agree that the “opressed hero” myth (Cinderella stories) is very Fi. I actually think they are “Fi against Fe oppression” myths. Typically, the oppressed here is seen as socially lowly.

Another kind of story that follows along the same general lines, Alerith, are the ones that demand a “pure of heart” test. Where people are rewarded or punished based on whether they are really good or not, which is discovered by what they do when they think no one is watching.

-Usually, a magical being (like an enchantress or fairy) transforms themselves into a weak/poor/old/ugly person in need and rewards or punishes those who are kind or unkind to them in that state. I can think of several stories like this.

-Another is where the magical being makes it easy to get away with vice and then sees whether the person takes that route or not. For example, the story of the poor woodcutter who accidentally threw his axe into a lake. The lake faery came out and offered to help him find it. She went in and brought out a much better axe, I think of finer wood or bronze or something and asked, “Is it this one?” The woodcutter admired it but said “No.” Then she brought out a silver one, then lastly, a gold one. Each time, the woodcutter thought how much it would enrich him but said ultimately, “No.” Then the faery brought out his old ugly, tired axe and he said, “Yes, that’s my axe.” Then she rewarded him with all four axes she had tested him with.

Both of them are about “true goodness” versus the appearance of goodness. I find them very Fi in sentiment; like a story that might’ve been crafted by an Fi author.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Faex.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON