Reply To: The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives

Index Forums Cognitive Functions The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives Reply To: The Fe Myth & Meta Narratives

Lilith
Participant
  • Type: TiNe
  • Development: ll-l
  • Attitude: Adaptive

Truth be told, I haven’t had the time to read all the way through this thread! So these thoughts may have already been addressed by others. But this is my take on the Hero Journey and how the myths of Fe and Fi seem to differ..

Fi: “I face adversity and take my place in the world despite the hardship” (Snow White, Frozen, Mulan, Harry Potter (he’s ‘marked’, special, descended from important ppl), etc.) Self symbolism prevalent.

‘I will find my place in the world and rise to be respected as I deserve, this will enact ethical justice on those who suppressed me, and you will learn from my example what is right and how to do this for yourself!’

Many fairy tale stories are about the protagonist being suppressed from being their true self or having the life they deserve for who they are (royalty, etc.) They go through a journey where they escape the restrictions, and end up ‘riding away into the sunset’ to their perfectly fulfilled and comfortable life – paradise, essentially. This goes along with Te’s myth of the King/Queen, it’s about having one’s own identity, being respected for who they are, having a ‘domain’ and complete satisfaction in material comforts.

Fe: “I face death and overcome it for the good of the collective” (Examples: Jesus Christ, Leouch from Code Geass, Hercules, Odysseus etc.) Hero/Messiah symbolism prevalent.

‘I’ll stay behind and be the martyr, I’ll take the brunt, so that the rest of you can be ok! I’ll enact justice for your sake, and then you will honor me and I’ll earn your respect.’

The Fe hero story tends to be grittier than the Fi myth and often contains an element of self-sacrifice/death. It also tends to end in ascension to Godhood or a place of tribal leadership, the character ends up with a heavy hand in the dealings of society/humanity. This contrasts to the Fi myth, which focuses on the individual’s achievement for its own sake – the protagonist ends up earning their rightful place, but is more isolated in their paradise.

This is anecdotal, but I relate a lot with this kind of take on the Fe hero myth. I’ve always felt an underlying drive to overcome the suffering I experience because of the notion that I have a purpose to aide humanity, and so that I would be a source of inspiration to encourage others to rise above their struggles and pursue excellence. It’s very much about self-mastery too, and image for my own sake, but without the second component of potential contribution to society, I likely wouldn’t have the motivation to do what I’ve done.

It’s a subtle nuance, and the two journeys can have a lot of parallels, but I think it’s about the impetus being essentially the self or collective. Does this make any sense?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Lilith.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON