Reply To: P-oscillation & "Self-work"

Home Page Forums General Psychology P-oscillation & "Self-work" Reply To: P-oscillation & "Self-work"

Auburn
Keymaster
  • Type: TiNe
  • Development: l--l
  • Attitude: Adaptive

I like this. I think @faeruss captured more of my sentiment in this. But also something else — “whose to say what is better?” — for example, a certain kind of Je-lead (Tony Robbins) may see it as self-work and self-growth to rise up to challenges, have unlimited power, and make a success of your life. Another certain Je-lead may find they’re a workaholic and their growth path revolves around relaxing their rigidity; indeed, engaging the P axis. They may go to yoga & meditation after work every day.

If “self-work” means working on aspects that are “what we least want to do” / our weaknesses.. presumably to achieve some balance, then I would retract my original statement and say that all types can equally do this.

If “self-work” means attaining a better state of acceptance and equanimity, then often the Ekhart Tolle route (P-lead) is idealized, and J-ness is opposite to that.

If “self-work” means stop being lazy, adopt a responsibility, make an impact, do something with your life — then the Je route is idealized.

This is why I started the post saying I’m not a moralist, as I see it from a relativistic light. The idea of “self improvement” is vague and one can say many opposed paths are routes of improvement, depending on what view is held as central. All I can say for sure is that humans ‘are’. They do things. 🙂 Wonderful, fascinating and horrible things.

p.s. – There’s also the l— angle to this which is not talked about enough. To me there’s a beauty in the l— development, a kind of “true to the original self” aspect to it. I can easily see someone idealizing the l— state as a kind of “be you” mode, which can be self-improvement if one is trying to undo the influences of culture or forced over-modulations.

But I’m curious to hear what others have to say, @umbilicalsphere too yes, if he shows up.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Auburn.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Auburn.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON