Reply To: Harry Potter's Fictional Type

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Harry Potter's Fictional Type Reply To: Harry Potter's Fictional Type

Animal
Participant
  • Type: SeFi
  • Development: lll-
  • Attitude: Unseelie

Although I have shared my philosophy about trial by fire, I will say that, as a Pe lead, I still very much do follow a Pe trajectory, now that I think about it.

As a kid, I had a lot of flying dreams and in my 20s, I wrote a novel about a girl who could fly. The novel had a lot of low-Ni paranormal elements. It a Pe-Pi mindfuck book.  Yet, the character was a hero of sorts, as fucked up as she was. She never develops Je or even Ji in that book. It’s all very P.  But she does undergo transformation and takes major risks to protect her interests against authorities & bad guys, and save people who need to be saved along the way.

In my flying dreams, I rescued kids from fires, just because they needed rescuing and I was able. I flew out of wars, chases, fires; ran from cops & other authorities etc.  I often helped others along the way; mostly children. These adventure dreams were often very heroic. They involved great risk, last minute choices, sacrifice moment to moment, and so forth.

To draw a comparison between my character & Harry Potter,

They were both heroic because:

• They placed their own brand of morality above the rules of the institution (Ji)
  • They saved people who happened to cross their path and needed saving
  • They were loyal to their friends
  • They were willing to take major risks moment to moment in order to save someone else who required it (Pe)
  • They took action quickly when others were scared (Pe)
  • They stood up against the “big bad authorities” when necessary (Pe/Ji)
  • They helped their friends at any cost

And this is what’s bothering me about the “Fe = hero” thing. Even in the most basic, momentary, trickster “Pe” form, there is a lot of room for sacrifice, risk and heroism. It just isnt KING/QUEEN style, messiah-heroism.

Obviously, messiah-king-queen heroism has a potentially huge shadow, in the ‘tyrant.’  Just as Pe hero has a shadow, in being a reckless delinquent and refusing to grow up.  These parallels can be drawn easily, giving various types a ‘hero myth.’  So unless it’s explained in a very specific way, “Hero” is indeed, too universal.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Animal.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON