Reply To: Harry Potter's Fictional Type

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Harry Potter's Fictional Type Reply To: Harry Potter's Fictional Type

Animal
Participant
  • Type: SeFi
  • Development: lll-
  • Attitude: Unseelie

@auburn

I don’t think it’s necessary to ethicize Te, nor do I have any problem with the idea that some people have a ‘live and let live’ philosophy. Nor do I see the need to change any of the definitions.  Everything you said in your last post makes perfect sense to me, and I understand how morality and a ‘need to improve’ is connected to J functions and specifically F.

The problem I’m having is that I see the stories of complex characters, who have developed many functions or have very human trajectories, being cast as  examples of “Fe myths” – regardless of what their type actually is.  I see 1-dimensional characters who have never put themselves through the grind in any way and have no additional functional or personal complexity, being cast as “Se myths.” And I can’t help but wonder even how many SeXi I— would see themselves reflected in such characters; whereas I know from experience that many different types see themselves reflected in characters whose stories you’ve categorized as Fe.

I wonder how accurate, realistic, or useful this assessment is, and whether the fundamental basis of “Hero by trial through fire = Fe” is correct.  And if so, whether it’s correct to say that other types who see themselves in it, are not resonating with something ‘natural’ to them. I don’t want to overload you anymore, so I will sit with this for a while and see what comes. 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Animal.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON