Reply To: Harry Potter's Fictional Type

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Harry Potter's Fictional Type Reply To: Harry Potter's Fictional Type

Bera
  • Type: SeFi
  • Development: ll--
  • Attitude: Seelie

Finally I had some sleep.

Auburn, are you sure driving and having deep CT talks is safe ? 🙂

And I just wanted to add a couple of things to what you guys said :

So…about Death and Resurrection…I honestly also did not see any connection between Fe and the phoenix myth and my first reaction was to send some sassy comments to Animal about how this is actually Se and not Fe. 🙂

But after reading your posts, I realized the distinction.

I think Fe pretty much incorporates Jesus Christ’s story of death and resurrection.

And I am deeply sorry for having to say this but as an Fi – Te user, this story does not resonate with me at all and I find it ABSURD, nonsensical. It is a fundamental part of Christianity…a fundamental part that makes no sense at all. Couldn’t God just make a logistical change to accommodate sinners? To integrate sin, a thing he himself created if he created everything??? Wouldn’t that be the sane thing to do instead of sacrificing your own son who is also you by letting him die on a cross??

I HATE it and hate that I have to hear it so often as a moral example of how things should be, of how I should be !!! It is illogical, unnatural and unaligned to my values. To me it is deeply unfair and irrational to suffer for the idea of redemption or to die to become someone new after facing a horrible trial. Why would you do that?? You already ARE everything you need to be. Yeah, people have painful experiences and learn from them, I agree with that and I also agree that challenges can help you define better who you are and what you want but anything more than this looks to me like…unnecessary drama with a very twisted agenda.

But this is a powerful myth to many people, so there is something in it that resonates with them. Jordan Peterson seems to love this story and I recently heard him say that life is suffering and that the cross represents that. And I totally disagree with the first part but agree with the second, of course, yeah, the cross does represent that view. 🙂 But life at its best, life worth living, is not suffering ! If you say life is suffering, in my opinion you are failing at life !!! But probably you will have a clean room, so that’s a plus there. 🙂

I want to say I do like Jordan Peterson and find many of his ideas inspiring, that’s why I basically watched that whole interview. I just don’t resonate with some of his ideas but I still find it important to look at things from his  point of  view. He basically makes a big case for taking responsibility for your life and actions and I agree with that. But in a more toned down and utilitarian Te way.

Now…about Se’s death and rebirth…I think the Eleusinian Mysteries are more representative of that. Death and rebirth seen in the context of fecundity and regeneration and celebrated in rites of spring. This is much better aligned with my own life philosophy, if I can claim to have a life philosophy to start with. 🙂 Our soul is always the same but we go through seasons. There is a time of silence and cold, a time when the soul rests and when clarity is gained. And a time of fecundity and creativity, a time for renewal and for flourishing. And I think this is a beautiful thing, that should be celebrated with wine, mirth, sex and joy ! Yeah, just cover everything in flowers, bring some harps, dance away all night long and bring praise to Mother Nature for blessing us to be here and to be alive ! I totally resonate with that and there is a death and resurrection idea in it too, but with a totally different interpretation and meaning.

I actually think Christianity built its own Easter traditions on the older spring rites and gave them the Fe messianic interpretation too. From my SeFi point of view, Christianity tainted something that was pure and beautiful but from a Je lead perspective most probably Christianity brought order into chaos and gave those rites meaning and weight.

In the end, we all have different perspectives and these myths play out differently in everyone’s life. But it’s quite fascinating to look at them closer and understand why this is happening, why we see life in a way or in another and why we value some myths and devalue others. 🙂

I will get back at you, @epickalypze but now I have to go to work, I’m already late. 🙂 I just felt I had to write this although it was not very nice and a bit bratty. 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Bera.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON