Reply To: Harry Potter's Fictional Type

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Harry Potter's Fictional Type Reply To: Harry Potter's Fictional Type

Animal
Participant
  • Type: SeFi
  • Development: lll-
  • Attitude: Unseelie

Hmm.
After listening to your video for the second time –

I once covered “While My Guitar Gently Weeps,” and I changed some of the lyrics.  This is the one that just came to mind:

I look at the world and I notice it’s turning
Still my guitar gently weeps
My spine is curled, and my fingers are burning
Still my guitar gently weeps…

[Background voices:
Look at you, look at you, look at you all. I’ll get you, I’ll get you, I’ll get you off.…]

I put my original lyrics in italics 😛

I have many other lyrics like this, but I don’t want to write my unfinished stuff in public 🙁

The general gist is: I suffer for my music, my craft. I bleed for it.  My fingers are calloused and my heart is dry because I’ve scraped up every ounce of emotion so I could bleed it into the songs.

There’s a strong sacrificial element, and I felt this even before I lost my voice. I gave up my childhood to practice that one note for 12 hours on a Saturday… over, and over, and over.  Any tiny mistake was a reflection of my character.

I didn’t want to be famous, but it was ‘the price I had to pay’ in order to live out my dream and my purpose; what I was meant to do.

My attitude toward music, or writing –  was always  one of sacrifice, bleeding and burning in order to become the vessel through which this vision could emerge, unscathed from its original form.  I’ve put my very character and soul through the fire to do this.

I could say “I play music/ write books because I enjoy it,” but really, I don’t care about fun or enjoyment. It’s not a ‘fun adventure’ for me. What turns me on, and moves me to the bone, is putting myself through the grind.

I know it’s not about me – hehe – but I’m wondering what this means in terms of type?  Seems like the SeFi III- … at least for me… is somehow touching on the same principles of the pain, and rebirth of the phoenix, rather than just momentary rebirth like I had suggested for Pe. Which really, is not what it is for me.  For me it’s all about the pain, sacrifice and suffering; dedicating myself wholly to a purpose for the sake of something greater than myself.

Hmm.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON