Reply To: Fe Profile

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Fe Profile Reply To: Fe Profile

Animal
Participant
  • Type: SeFi
  • Development: lll-
  • Attitude: Unseelie

@auburn
Songs also write themselves through me. I turn on a tape recorder, and just let it write itself, then listen to it, as if for the first time. In some cases, I edit the parts that need it; in other cases, the song is perfect the way it is.  The songs tell me what they need.  Once I had about 45 songs I divided them into three concept albums which had ‘presented themselves’ to me over 20 years.

My personal values and intentions with my music go beyond “sending it out and never thinking about it again.” I’ve written songs for money very quickly, sent them out and never thought about them, but my interest is bringing Erosia to Earth, so I’m putting more willpower and dedication toward that end. So, the “songs write themselves through me in 10  minutes” stuff is quite familiar for me.

That said –  I would ask- how do these people write songs so fast? Where did they learn to write, to play instruments?  Although songs write themselves through me in the moment, it took years to develop enough skill to write them that well.  I began playing at age 4 and practiced every day, sometimes 12 hours a day. This is why the songs came out of me so easily.

People are not born with mastery of instruments and songwriting. They practice to get there.  I was writing full songs at 8, and famous musicians were calling me a virtuoso. But I was practicing daily since age 4. As is the case for every ‘virtuoso.’ They may possess raw talent, as I did, but their skills do not sprout from the sky.

Similarly, I’ve been editing my novel for 10 years because my writing requires practice and refinement, to do justice to the vision.  I have written 400 page books in a month, several times, and after writing a chapter I read it as if for the first time. I could easily draft a long novel every month, but I’m not a good enough writer to just close my eyes and whatever comes out, is good. I’m still honing my craft so I can be a worthy vessel through which the visions can emerge.

The discipline comes in when you’re not good enough to just “churn out a great product,” so you practice. That’s why those people are able to write so fast – because they mastered the craft in the first place – which requires discipline.

This is also why I practice before shows with a blindfold on. I want my body to know the song so well, that during the show, I am not even there at all. I’m not thinking about technique or mistakes – I become the song.

Since my voice barely works and is undependable, it required relentless willpower to get any sound out; more than I can describe. Diet, not going out at all and talking in loud places, workout, constant vacuuming, practicing enough but not too much, doctor stuff, 50 pills a day separated from each other in doses with appropriate meals, etc. Not to mention organizing, promoting, managing, writing, playing, teaching the band, practicing, and finding ways to support this endeavor financially.  It was a whole lifestyle, constant relentless discipline, just for the sake of a voice that was barely there, and undependable no matter what I did. I kept it up for several years,  until my illness no longer allowed it. But during the moment when I was writing songs or performing, I was not thinking about this. I was moved by an indescribable force and the music expelled itself through my body, its vessel.  During that time, as much as any other time; I would write new songs in 20 minutes, and the songs would be perfect.

Anyone who is ‘letting the music run through them’ without thinking in the moment, spent years practicing in order to attain the mastery that allows them to do that. Anyone writing songs, practiced the instrument that they use to write it on. They wrote so many songs by now, that it happens to them in their sleep – but – for any skill they are demonstrating right now, the discipline is on the back end.

Se leads don’t come out of the womb writing songs and performing amazing physical feats. They are not exempt from the 10,000 hours rule – to do something well, you have to put in 10,000 hours.  So even if I wrote my first song at age 8, I had already practiced music for several years, in order to be fluent enough in the language of music to write it.  Then, it’s easy to say “Songs write themselves through me in 10 minutes and I never have to look at them again.”   But I can’t pretend there was no discipline involved in gaining that ability.

Those people you listed – do they play instruments?  If so, how did they learn to play?  Were they born with magical music abilities that simply existed without any practicing?  What happened on the back end?  That’s what I would want to know.

Edit:
Disclaimer: I rewrote this post about 30 times. I haven’t slept properly in a few nights, so I am really really sorry if my tone sounds harsh, I don’t intend it that way. The bold statements are just to make my main point stand out. 🙁  I kind of wish I waited til tomorrow to write this so it sounds less rude, lol.  But I don’t mean it rudely, it’s just a genuine question.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Animal.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON