Reply To: Seelie & Adaptive vs. Unseelie & Directive: Is it Related to Conflict Avoidance?

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Seelie & Adaptive vs. Unseelie & Directive: Is it Related to Conflict Avoidance? Reply To: Seelie & Adaptive vs. Unseelie & Directive: Is it Related to Conflict Avoidance?

Thana
Participant
  • Type: NiTe
  • Development: lll-
  • Attitude: Unseelie

I’ve always interpreted seelie/unseelie as a sort of emotional permeability vs impermeability/impenetrability. I’m heavily 9 fixed and somewhat conflict avoidant (but not passive-aggressively so) but I’m unseelie. There’s a “I’m in control of my internal emotional environment no matter what.” To be fair though, conflict can at times knock me off balance but there’s still an affective distance me and everyone else. Compare to @Animal who’s heavily 8 fixed but is a lot more emotionally porous and permeable than I am. Even my facial expressions can be seen as cold and distancing. In enneagram circles, this could also be attributed to sp/sx vs sx first, but the qualia in that instance is different even if they have some overlaps with seelie/unseelie.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Thana.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON