Reply To: Subjective Orientation of Introverted Functions

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Subjective Orientation of Introverted Functions Reply To: Subjective Orientation of Introverted Functions

Hrafn
Participant
  • Type: SiFe
  • Development: l-ll
  • Attitude: Adaptive

I don’t really have a CT theory based explanation, but recently I heard from someone who is more of a Jungian purist that Si cannot introspect and Si leads try to stay busy to avoid it like the plague. I’m curious to hear from Si leads in this system on how hard they go inward.

It’s hard for me to imagine this is true…I would say I’m quite self-reflexive, and it’s one of the main ways I’ve been able to bring about positive change in my life. But on the other hand, I believe any type can be introspective, and I also have other functions besides Si that I could be drawing from.

Maybe it’s more that the boundary between inner and outer seem kind of blurry with Si. By accessing Si, I’m looking inward at myself-as-subject, but I’m looking inward at the imprint my past experiences of the outer world have left on me. So it’s like looking inward at a mirror that points outward, one where the objects in the mirror move more slowly than realtime. In doing so, I can certainly focus my attention on the qualities of the glass itself, but I suppose it would also be easy to get entranced by all the moving objects and forget to pay any attention to the glass.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Hrafn.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON