Reply To: Hierarchy (Primary/Auxiliary/Tertiary/Polar)

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Hierarchy (Primary/Auxiliary/Tertiary/Polar) Reply To: Hierarchy (Primary/Auxiliary/Tertiary/Polar)

Hrafn
Participant
  • Type: SiFe
  • Development: l-ll
  • Attitude: Adaptive

I’ve been thinking about this topic a bit more, and here’s the most cohesive statement I can come up with about how I perceive my experience of my “missing” Fe:

–Having subconscious Fe seems to mean, first-and-foremost, that it’s difficult to act out Je energy in a deliberate way. This manifests as difficulty externalizing order; projecting gravitas on command; maintaining an ongoing, proactive awareness of whomever/whatever I’m to coordinate; keeping my attention distributed evenly across a collective milieu of people or objects (rather letting it get siphoned into just one); getting my shit together; etc. etc. I don’t think this means lacking latent energy toward Fe, so much as it means lacking full control over the Fe energy within me and how deliberately it’s released.

–Having Fe as an higher function means that despite my difficulty in projecting it in a controlled way, I’m still relatively tethered to it. Its energy is still present within my body even if I’m not always able to create outlets for it. I think I see this with my Ti-usage–even when I’ve been pretty heavily into Ti-mode, the “biotic principle” is always at least in my peripheral vision. In other words, Fe colors my experience of Ti, perhaps because the former mistrusts the latter. I feel like I’ve gotten this vibe from other SiFe I-Ix’s….like David Abram, to the limited extent I’m familiar with him, seems to have an intricately constructed Ti castle that ultimately points back toward a kind of animistic, Si+Fe-ish worldview. … I could say something similar about the interrelationship of my Fe & Ne, but the experience is a bit different because Ne interacts more directly with Si than with Ti or Fe.

Spoiler:

This said, I should mention that I’m coming to think it might be of limited use to compare my own qualities against those of functions (i.e. Fe) because my perception of my own behavior is based on first-person memories, which I can only review one at a time in an immersive way. Even when I review a bunch of them and try to consolidate them into “trends” or “traits,” can always find counterexamples that sway my viewpoint. In other words, it’s nearly impossible to get a birds-eye-view of my own first-person experience because these memories are based on highly subjective, particular experiences that I can’t access without “zooming in.”

Anyway, I acknowledge that pitfall in considering this topic.

I tend to be skeptical of Jungian-typology literature with a perscriptive bent, e.g. “the well-developed SiFe ought to do such-and-such.” But that said, I do wonder if there are advantages to developing the functions in a more sequential order…e.g. II– rather than I-I-. I remember AJ Drenth took this view, and talked about attaining “flow states” (cf. Mihály CsĂ­kszentmihályi) by integrating the functions in a top-down order. I wonder if there’s something to this. On the other hand, there do seem a sizeable proportion of I-I- samples, at least among the extroverts. But maybe this is because double-extroversion is an advantage in navigating the fast-paced nature of modern life. On the old CT forum, I remember a discussion about overmodulation that was along these lines–double extroverts might be prone to mania, double introverts to depression.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Hrafn.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON