Reply To: Hierarchy (Primary/Auxiliary/Tertiary/Polar)

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Hierarchy (Primary/Auxiliary/Tertiary/Polar) Reply To: Hierarchy (Primary/Auxiliary/Tertiary/Polar)

Auburn
Keymaster
  • Type: TiNe
  • Development: l--l
  • Attitude: Adaptive

Sure. I think one of the most updated versions is here:

8 Development Levels

Specifically under “Criteria of Consciousness”

Although the language may need minor adjustments given the clarifications in this topic. The previous idea was that conscious functions could rival the primary and even have their own autonomy (i.e. to act from their own impulse, and not subordinate to the lead function). In general I think this is headed in the right direction, but “autonomy” may be going too far or at least it has to be better understood and contextualized.

For example, an FiSe l-l- would not have “Ni rivaling the dominant position” because their Ni would not behave as an Ni-lead’s Ni. Again this is because an Ni-lead is always a conductor type, so the kind of autonomy an FiSe’s conscious Ni would have is not the same as the kind of autonomy that an NiFe’s lead function naturally has.

The FiSe with conscious Ni would still be existent within a Ji-lead hierarchy, and that would influence expression, so their Ni wouldn’t behave like the Ni of the NiFe.

We know this from seeing (for example) NeFi l-l- types and how their conscious Te gives them a lot of Je agency and capacity to dabble in technology & science experiments, but we don’t see their Te taking the more authoritatively minded position that a Je-lead would. It’s still within the umbrella of a Pe-lead. I think clarifying these limits may be very instrumental.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Auburn.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Auburn.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON