Reply To: Cognitive Typology's Aims, Methods & The Future

Home Page Forums Official & Introductions Cognitive Typology's Aims, Methods & The Future Reply To: Cognitive Typology's Aims, Methods & The Future

Auburn
Keymaster
  • Type: TiNe
  • Development: l--l
  • Attitude: Adaptive

Phase 1: Standardize Reading Methodology

At present, CT is just getting to the point where it can reliably execute a typing methodology at scale. Using the ~30 or so typings done since the submissions reopened last month, the success rate of the new reading methodology (even to its own standards) is in the ~95%+ range, with a fairly low margin of error. This was not the case before, where the confusion caused by not including development levels/etc, caused mistypings and a success rate below ~80% (even to CT’s own standards) when applied at scale. This is what caused the closing of submissions last time.

In short, more ground had to be excavated. A more complete digging-up of the phenomenon was necessary before vultology can be used reliably. This is what has taken years, and why CT has been highly conservative both in its advertising of itself, and intake of new samples. CT’s been under-selling itself, trying to lay the groundwork first before going public.

But now that this methodology is able to handle scalability, the doors have been re-opened and the target now is to amass a wide volume of samples. The current target is to do visual readings en mass (targeting 2,000+) both of celebrities and submissions, to expand the body of data available and move onto the next phase of research. Things still left to be done in Phase 1 are: 6 type’s development levels, the Fe & Je profiles, and the remaining vultology code pages. This will complete the first round of standardization.

Next Phase: Grow the Body of Samples & Community

The next phase of CT involves the growth of a stable community around the project, and to fill positions of importance for the model’s fruition going forward. I am a researcher/theoretician, but I am not the best public speaker. In time I suspect an Articulator type, compelled by what we’re doing here, may rise to the occasion and create a video channel relaying some of the more dense material found herein — in such a way as to be digestible to a wider audience.

In time, I suspect CT ‘experts’ will develop who know the theory inside and out, and who can cross-reference CT against other fields of study (such as @teatime). As I think she said recently, the ground is wide open for the taking. There are lots of ways to get involved now, and more ways going forward.

And from the point of view of CT, this community is itself an experiment in inter-type dynamics. Much how Discord has been a type of “lab” for exploring differences across function axes, a community composed entirely of individuals appropriately typed (unprecedented!) according to the model, would produce the necessary information for the construction of profiles. So even if you only have time to contribute in the form of the occasional fun post — all of it is slowly building CT up. To that end, I thank all of you for being here, and look forward to discovering with you all what it means to be human.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Auburn.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON