Reply To: About You?

Index Forums Official & Introductions About You? Reply To: About You?

Animal
Participant
  • Type: SeFi
  • Development: lll-
  • Attitude: Unseelie

What is your name?  Or the story behind your alias?
My most recent incarnation is: Erica Xenne.  Xen –  the prefix, means ‘foreigner’ or ‘stranger.’ -Ne, the suffix, means ‘not.’

I was a professional singer as a teen, and lost my voice to an illness at 16 which left me speaking in a whisper forever.  Stripped of humanity and purpose, I was an animal; with no reason to live outside desire and instinct.  After intensive spiritual work, I summoned the ghost of my voice from the grave and organized my life around singing lead through my whisper and running my band.  Erica was reborn.

The given name Erika, or Erica, is a feminine form of Eric, deriving from the Old Norse name Eiríkr. The first element, ei- is derived either from the older Proto-Norse *aina(z), meaning “one, alone, unique”, as in the form Æinrikr explicitly, or from *aiwa(z) “long time, eternity”. The second element -ríkr stems either from *ríks “king, ruler” (cf. Gothic reiks) or from the therefrom derived *ríkijaz “kingly, powerful, rich”. The name is thus usually taken to mean “sole ruler, autocrat” or “eternal ruler, ever powerful”.

At that time, I changed my surname to Xenne , because I was a foreigner, exiled from Erosia, my passion; but I was also not a stranger to myself – I was channeling the essence of Erosia.  With or without my voice, I am a vessel through which passion emerges.

My last incarnation in this lifetime has arisen from the ashes, and taken form.  She still awaits a name, but on forums it has been “Animal” for years.  Animal is “so carnal it’s spiritual,” a pure force of vitality unobstructed by the complications of humanity — but also, a more base life form; one which consumes and destroys without remorse. There’s a hunter aspect in Animal, and also the idea of an ‘animating life force.’  (Anima – breath.)

I’d like to find the right name to encapsulate this. I had written a bunch of thoughts about it, a while back:

http://ericaxenne.com/2018/01/name/

Where are you from?
Erosia.

How old are you?
38, but ageless. I’m too young and too old at heart for whatever age I am; and I’ve been like that since childhood.

What’s your gender?
Tigress 🙂

What got you interested in Cognitive Type?
I joined my first forum when I was 32. I had always avoided the internet culture, but I remembered this old system called “enneagram” that I learned in college, and thought it might help me to understand my fictional characters.  Soon after I joined my first forum, I lost all my writing files – and by the time I got them back, I was deeply invested in enneagram and the people on the forum.  Typology helped me so much with my writing, and eventually, that lead me here!

What did/do you type as in other systems?
Others typed me as ENFP or INFJ, but when I looked into the system myself, specifically Socionics Se “Volition” and “Force” – I knew I related to Se, and typed myself as ISFP and ESI, despite almost everyone insisting I was an intuitor.  Being a major aesthete & musician, Gamma SF made sense to me, though Se descriptions favored sports & food, which I don’t care about.

People derided me on every forum, telling me I was wrong and I didn’t know myself.  Various Socionics “experts” insisted I was Beta – usually Beta NF, but occasionally ST. After much ado, I worried perhaps I was seeing myself wrongly and gave Beta a chance.

I did more research, bought Auburn’s book, got into Socionics, Jung, Beebe etc.  When I got here, I told Auburn I was tentatively considering FeNi, but that his Fi description was quoting my own website and writings about myself, verbatim. Sure enough, my original self-typing, FiSe, was closer to the truth!

Do you have a partner/lover?
I married my soulmate. :3 @ivory

Do you have any kids?
I consider my songs and my fictional characters to be my ‘children.’

Do you have any pets?
I had two cat-soulmates, but I developed allergies and resorted to a two-legged partner. :3  As it turns out, he fulfills me in all the ways my cats did, and also more!

Life motto?

• The enemy is within. The hero is within. The savior is within.
  • If it’s not worth doing in excess, it’s not worth doing at all.
  • Music is divine symmetry.
  • Without a Muse, music is just math.
  • So carnal it’s spiritual.

Favorite Flavor?
Ivory 😉

Spirituality?
Erosian. 🙂 This is not a cop-out, I really do have a religion and ‘home planet’ that I’ve been developing since I was young, and I follow its principles and practices and impart them in my art.  I’m working on organizing some more direct material about the religion with my husband.

Random fact about you?
Nothing is random.

Social Media?

ErosianExile.com

Soundcloud

Instagram

Facebook

Twitter

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Animal.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Animal.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON