Reply To: Articles: New

Home Page Forums Official & Introductions Articles: New Reply To: Articles: New

Animal
Participant
  • Type: SeFi
  • Development: lll-
  • Attitude: Unseelie

@elisaday
I could understand the confusion, but I was just citing Sociotype.com which is the go-to for Socionics noobs, and I was citing the sister description to the one you posted. You posted IP, I posted IJ, from the same list.

I don’t think we’re reading different descriptions. Pi has always been portrayed as phlegmatic, as I demonstrated. SLI was known as “the lazy master” in many Socionics descriptions, whereas ESI and LSI are  known as dutiful hard workers. The problem with the LSI and ESI descriptions is that the “Stick up your ass”  goes WAY too far. In real life they can also laugh, have fun and be playful.

There are a billion descriptions to back up what I’m saying; I would have trouble finding one that doesn’t.  Starting here, though I’ve read even more beyond this…

http://wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=Category:Type_descriptions

I’m not saying the stuff written on CT is perfect either; it’s very hard to write a description that is perfectly satisfactory for millions of people that possess that particular type structure. I’m working on a post on what Se is ‘really about,’ based on real people here that I’ve spoken to.

But really, it’s not that far off from Socionics. In fact I think Socionics & some early MBTI theorists got something right that Auburn didn’t which is — that Se is volitional.

Se is not like MBTI says “just appreciating pretty things” and “enjoying some sex, sports and highs in the moment.”  These are people who interact with the real world volitionally, willfully, bend it to their will.

SeXi I— will perhaps not have a long-term vision or goal, whereas me , being SeFi III- , I have more long-term visions and goals and trajectory laid out – but the idea is the same in that all Se’s have a volitional relationship with the world moment to moment. That is explored well in Socionics but it’s left out of the description here.

Nonetheless, the actual Se leads who have been typed here, all embody this principle. So the reality has revealed itself – the proof is in the pudding.

Before I got here, I wasn’t a perfect typer but I typed several people based on nothing but socionics descriptions, and Auburn ended up typing them the same way based on vultology. I was spot on about some, close with others.

I spent a lot of time thinking about how the functions manifest in reality, something that Se people are very concerned with.  Then tried to break down the mechanisms that were running within each person.

I  never follow descriptions word for word like gospel, because I know that in reality, that doesn’t work.  If you try yourself to write a description of a type that resonates with everyone who is that type – but NOT with people who aren’t- you’ll see how hard it is to do.

The core principles run ‘in the background’  while real humans manifest in a variety of ways, based on taste, environment, etc. So no type description ever covers the full reality of things, unless that description deals strictly with the core metabolism of what’s going on behind it. But metabolism is abstract and not  relatable on a human level, so many people reading articles about information metabolism will go “huh?”  “So what?”  Most people need to know what this looks like in actual people; so those who write descriptions try to cover this – and yet there’s so much variety in how the type comes out. It must be worded and explored with great care.

I wrote something about this here:

The Limits of Descriptions

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Animal.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON