Reply To: How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality?

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality? Reply To: How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality?

Elisa Day
Participant
  • Type: TiSe
  • Development: ll--
  • Attitude: Adaptive

Thank you, @animal! Yes, as suspected I can say yes to every one of those sections and it resonates far more than the Fi description.

However, like the Fi description I know other people who exhibit these tendencies much more than I do. Still people are more likely to point out these traits to me than the Fi traits. Many, many people have typed me as Ti dominant, but I can tell my communication isn’t quite the same as other Ti dominants.

The parts that really stand out:

“There is little more satisfying to them than when data suddenly clicks into perfect arrangement, revealing a fundamental truth. The Ti user lives for these rare and magic moments of clarity and by engaging in this differentiation process, they gain a firm mental grasp on the world; dissipating the fog of the unknown.“

Yes! I even talked about this in my typing video when explaining an art project I was working on. I explain how the drawing style represents how my mind works: how I know when something is true when all the shards of glass fall into perfect formation and the static dissipates.

“This can also make the Ti user a bit of a grammar nazi and their semantic proclivities can lead them to spend hours discussing starting terms without ever making headway related to the real-world problem in question.”

Yes, I’ve always done this since I was little and annoyed people terribly. Even the other day I was doing this on the “lead function devalued” thread when I was nitpicking the use of the word “conscious” and “valued” as they were being applied to function. This totally derailed the conversation people were having about emotions, feelings, and personal experience.

”They will shut off emotionally and may become suspicious and avoidant of intrusions to their private space. This can lead to a very isolated experience where they feel they can only rely on themselves to figure out the answers to emotional problems which it often treats as intellectual problems.”

Yes! My mother finally convinced me to see a therapist and he says that I refuse to sit with my emotions and instead try to problem-solve them away. That’s a big part of our sessions: him attempting to anchor me to the feelings and appreciate them rather than dismissing them.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON