Reply To: How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality?

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality? Reply To: How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality?

Ivory
Participant
  • Type: TiSe
  • Development: ll--
  • Attitude: Adaptive

1) Do the themes associated with your first function resonate with your personality and role in the world? How does that function manifest, and which themes of the descriptions are ‘not you?’

Ti: Search for Universal Axioms

Yes. I am not interested in acquiring information – my interest lies in understanding the world/universe. What is the key principle behind it? “The Ti user, it may be said, on a quest for a philosopher’s stone” -> Bingo. It is very much a search into the immaterial and the conceptual, with little to ‘show for’ in the material world.

Ti: Reductionism

To the annoyance of my environment: yes. I need to understand why and when the reasoning seems folly, I don’t want to be part of it. I never liked the ideas of ‘school’ and ‘job’ for exactly this reason.

Ti: Castle Construction

Not quite. I am unsure whether I will ever have “a crystalline structure at the core of their being.” Animal sure thinks this is the case, as she has referred to my thoughts as having a crystalline quality to them, but personally I don’t experience my thinking process this way. It’s more that I sense the world through a series of intuitive impressions, and I am constantly making educated guesses to why it does what it does – why it is what it is. In a sense, this requires a lack of a strongly structured core. In conversation, I may seem to take up a position of ‘knowing,’ but I always ‘know’ that I don’t know. I’m just playing-pretend.

Ti: Ontology & Linguistics

Yes and no. Yes to this: “It must be able to be true without them in the picture, otherwise it is not true. By this metric Ti seeks for a sort of timeless abstract definition for everything.”
No to this: “The Ti user usually seeks to encapsulate the essence of a thing through semantic precision; meticulously working out where the boundaries lie between two adjacent thought groupings.” I don’t care much for semantics – even if I may be good at it. Few things can frustrate me more than fussing over definitions and terminology when the actual questions are left unanswered. I don’t have much patience for this. Linguistics bores me to death.

Ti: Perfectionism

Yes, to my own detriment. I hesitate to act on, or speak of, anything I can’t know for certain. If I cannot act perfectly… I have high standards, to say the least. This is exactly why I choose to be ‘quiet’ – though there may not be much of a choice involved.

Ti: Stubborn Alignment to Framework

Yes.

Ti: Lack of Presence

No. I do relate to some talk of ‘observer’ and ‘world of concepts,’ but an overall lack of presence? No. At work, I am highly engaged and responsive, extremely aware of what’s going on and ready to act. No ‘delayed pace’ with me. About the ‘losing touch with people and friends’-part: yes, but that is because I am largely uninterested in human relations, less so because of a lack of presence when I am involved with one.

Under Stress: Emotional Shutoff

No. The only point I experience here is the pull towards isolation. Under stress my emotionality is through the roof. I am hyper sensitive and reactive, for better or worse.

“Wailings and charged emotional reactions may be perceived as irrational and therefore inappropriate and to be avoided. ” -> Nonononono. Very much the opposite! I treasure charged emotion.

Under Stress: Hyper-Focus on Imperfections

There we go: yes. Because of my emotional oversensitivity and my general proclivity towards perfectionism, I will experience any perceived flaw as devastating when under stress. Acceptance of the self and of the world is extremely hard for me.

Light: Omniscience

This is a beautiful rendition of Enneagram type 5. The archetype that is centered around omniscience and detachment. It is easy to see the connection between type 5 and Ti. I am not a 5. Though I share plenty characteristics with the type, this is not one of them.

Dark: Cynical Nihilism

Yes, the depressed nihilist, where meaning goes to die. If the search for meaning and truth is paramount to Ti, then the sense of its lack – as felt during depression – is devastating. I am familiar with this… state.

2) Do other people see you in the themes associated with your first function? Have you received feedback about these qualities from others?

Yes, for the most part. People generally have a hard time reading me, so it can be difficult to know how I am perceived by others.

3) Is there another function theme – aside from that of your first function – that resonates more with your personality and role in the world? If so, how does it manifest?

Ni. I experience my decoding of the world via archetypes and symbolism. I see ‘types of people’ and ‘types of events.’ There is a pulse to the world with a cyclical rhythm that I am attuned to, moreso than others it would seem. I am a synchronizer of types, be them arche- or stereo-, outside of theory and definition. The gods of mythology are represented in your neighbors, because it is true on all levels, if it is to be true at all.
The sense of ‘cosmic consciousness’ and Oneness is what I aim to present, somehow, sometime. Separation is an illusion. Both the light and the dark side of its mythology apply to me.

4) Is there a certain “shade” of your type that you match? If so, which one and why?

‘Poised actor’ comes closest. You can look, but you can’t touch..

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Ivory.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON