Reply To: Ti and the "Void Myth" – True or False?

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Ti and the "Void Myth" – True or False? Reply To: Ti and the "Void Myth" – True or False?

Ivory
Participant
  • Type: TiSe
  • Development: ll--
  • Attitude: Adaptive

I believe that, in part, this has to do with the sense of self in relation to the word: embodied or not. Sensor or Intuitor, ST or NT. I am aware of Ni-Te individuals who relate more to the Void Aspect than I do. After all, ST generates a grounding in physical/material reality that NT does not.

Personally, I am more conscious of my need to reach for Perfection (Heaven) and my personal failings to attain it (Fall from Heaven). A Light oriented perspective, if you will, instead of the Void perspective.

The Light and the Void are Aspects of reality that pertain to the same dimension of it: they are opposite sides of the same coin.
I used to wonder why I would not be Fi instead, but I mistook the Life Aspect of Fi for the Light Aspect that I am attuned to. Light, I have learned, is not what creates Life. Rather, it takes both Light and Void to make this happen. As such Life is neither opposed nor allied with Light or Void; instead it is an Aspect that relates to reality on a different level altogether. As an aside, the opposite (same coin) of Life is Death.

Connecting these to CFT, I would loosely equate the Ti-Fe with the dimension of Light <> Void.
Similarly, I loosely equate Fi-Te with the dimension of Life <> Death.
For these, the mixture with Sensing and Intuition creates a dynamic that I haven’t found to be completely predictable… as of yet. Although, I think I can safely say that Sensing offers a fullness to one’s experiences of the self that Intuition does not. (‘Fullness’ as it pertains to Light and Life, as opposed to the ‘Empty’ aspects of Void and Death… though Ne-Fi confuses me greatly, as they seem to incorporate both Life and Death, which in turn creates a kaleidoscope of colors, neither alive nor dead. Such is the nature of Ne to my innocent eyes…)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Ivory.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON