Reply To: NiTe – Teal Swan & The Ego

Home Page Forums Vultology & Learning Center NiTe – Teal Swan & The Ego Reply To: NiTe – Teal Swan & The Ego

Hrafn
Participant
  • Type: SiFe
  • Development: l-ll
  • Attitude: Adaptive

One more thought on this….In the sense that ego means something like “the overarching story I tell myself about who I am,” I feel like my ego is more like a pattern of relationships to all four of my different functions (or perhaps even to all eight that are floating around in collective consciousness) rather than a fixation on only one of them. I perceive these relationships as complex, nuanced and variable rather than binary or easily quantifiable.

On the one hand, that’s not to say I don’t associate the attributes of one function with myself more strongly than the others. But on the other, my internal experience is fluid & holistic–it’s not chopped up into blocks of Si, Fe, Ti & Ne. So I feel like the story I tell myself is more context-dependent–in certain situations, I might naturally tend to champion one function’s attributes. But in other situations, maybe I would feel annoyed by that function and seek solace from a different one. If the first function kept nagging at me, perhaps my self-esteem might suffer, or perhaps I might grow to accept it and give it a more deliberate role.

It just occurred to me–I hope this thread wasn’t specifically meant for talking about NiTe things.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Hrafn.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON