Reply To: Dominant Function as Undervalued

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Dominant Function as Undervalued Reply To: Dominant Function as Undervalued

Bera
  • Type: SeFi
  • Development: ll--
  • Attitude: Seelie

@Elisa Day, from what you’re saying, it looks like you also undervalue Fi, right?

It gets me into lots of problems too. Especially because it’s seelie Fi. 🙂 But looking back at my entire life until now, I think I am quite happy with Fi.

I also think a good balance between Fi and Se would be pretty useful. Choosing when to be vulnerable and when to be strong. Not that they don’t both have strengths and weaknesses. But I think Se is perceived as more strong and Fi – at least seelie Fi – as more vulnerable.

When I was younger, I felt very weak. I couldn’t make myself heard, couldn’t convince others of my views or even express them, as I always feared not hurting other people. And this used to drive me crazy, I really hated it. And I can’t really do that well enough yet, as Te is still not developed and because seeliness will probably never go away :)) but at least I don’t get stuck in situations, pondering for months what would be the right thing to do. Or stuck in certain emotional patterns. I think Fi became more of a filter and Se more of a search machine for alternative paths, which contributes to a greater cheerfulness, that many people notice, but also maybe to not always working things out thoroughly. :/

Anyway, I always felt Fi, even though I didn’t have a name for it. Same with Ni, I think.

How can Ni be boring? 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Bera.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Bera.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON