Reply To: How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality?

Index Forums Cognitive Functions How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality? Reply To: How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality?

Thana
Participant
  • Type: NiTe
  • Development: lll-
  • Attitude: Unseelie

@animal <3

Purr, I love your posts. And I love that you did it holistically. ? Often this is best for me too, but with the Se post I was too divided and wanted to get down to the nitty gritty of the problem I was having with the descriptions.

I figured that was the case :). I loved your post and it was highly informative not just for me but for others as well <3.

Of course, part of being human is complicating things mentally, and that is what we are. So I have dedicated a lot of attention to the balance between the animal, the human, and the symbolic/sublime. I strive to balance my animalism with my humanity and, through doing so, embody divinity.

A lot of people commonly think in order to reach divinity one must engage in asceticism or some form of denying in an attempt to transcend the temporal-corporeal instincts and tethers of our existence. I do think there’s something to it about that extremely deprived form of living in order to reach the divine. You deny and starve yourself of one’s base instincts to be emptied of them in order for you to reach the divine and be impregnated by its sublimity. Any extreme activity can induce that feeling. In BDSm circles, it’s not uncommon for subs and masochists to go into “sub space” which is when the adrenaline from the pain reaches its zenith that they end up experiencing overwhelming pleasure to the point that they feel like they’ve reached another plane of existence. The road towards divinity is paved differently for everyone: some choose asceticism, some choose pain, drugs, sex, nature, and others choose the balance between animalism (base instincts), humanity (corporeal-temporal human realm), and the symbolic/sublime (transcendent) 🙂 ;). In doing so, you’re opening up yourself to a wide range of experiences and states that you otherwise wouldn’t be privy to. You’ve experienced the extremes, inhabited liminal spaces, and now it’s time experience sobriety of balance and the euphoria of union. But it’s never an easy road to divinity because along the way you have to embrace the dirt and grime of existence and drudge through the blood and viscera of bowels of existence (which all can be beautiful and transformative in themselves) in order to get to divinity. You can’t have and appreciate the beautiful and pristine without the abject as the abject puts those in high relief.

Anyways onto the last two questions.

4) Is there a certain “shade” of your type that you match? If so, which one and why?

When the old website was up, the subtypes of NiTe were delineated but I honestly can’t remember them off the type of my head. All I remember was that I heavily I related to the NiFi subtype which is the subtype most likely to be into animistic panpsychism and other spiritual modalities out of all the gamma types. I can see myself being a Fi ego type NiTe.

5) How does your personality and role in the world compare to the other people in your type category? (Note: this comparison works best if you find people with a similar profession or set of interests.)

My interests are psychology, spirituality, typology, and occultism, all of which I subsume and consolidate into a (semi-)comprehensive worldview. I’d like to say my interests and archetypal energy is fairly standard for the type maybe in some regards stereotypical. There are a lot of Ni types who would also scoff at my interests viewing them as not empirical enough or more accurately useless to engage in because they already perceive or have the ability to perceive reality through those lenses so it’s redundant.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by Thana.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by Thana.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON