Reply To: How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality?

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality? Reply To: How Does your Lead Function Manifest in your Personality?

Thana
Participant
  • Type: NiTe
  • Development: lll-
  • Attitude: Unseelie

1) Do the themes associated with your first function resonate with your personality and role in the world?  How does that function manifest, and which themes of the descriptions are ‘not you?’

Oh definitely. Like you mentioned, there are descriptions that I relate to (Fi) but the ones that play out the most explicitly and enduringly is Ni bar none. It would be a bit pretentious to consider myself a sage or a seer or fitting those archetypes, but I can’t help but refer back to them. One of the nicknames for my enneagram tritype, 593 in any order, is “Collecting Unconscious” as named by one very talented and brilliant enneagramer who no doubt was inspired by Jung, a 953 and Ni ego/conscious, in naming this tritype. With that, I consider this tritype quintessentially Neptunian a la astrology, and I’d say Ni definitely falls within that ballpark (as well having a Plutonic hue). Plus in my birthchart, my sun and venus are in the 12th house which casts a Neptunian hue on my personality. One way that I embody Ni, as it relates to Neptune, is by going deep within the unconscious or subconscious and gleaning and extracting what fundamentally drives someone and how that drives their life trajectory.  For example, when I wrote a facebook post on how I exhibit dialectic-algorithmic (D-A) cognition, I had this in it:

“Somewhere else, I said that the primary core theme of serial killers is attachment wounding (edited out some parts and some sentences for clarity):

It’s been a while since I’ve studied serial killers back in middle and high school, but the common thread I’ve seen with all them is a sort of hyper-attachment vs non-attachment attachment to their victims. Often times their victims are those that remind them of their maternal figure (regardless if that figure was the biological mom), the type of person they are attracted to (but hate at the same time), and often used killing as means to channel their sexual impulses. Regardless, there’s an intimate and psychosexual component to serial killing even if actual sex or rape is not involve.

The victim is a representation of their attachments wounding. The act of killing the victim is a paradoxical act of both consummating that attachment and the attempt to destroy it. Nonetheless, both acts are symptomatic of being tethered to that original attachment wounding (or some perverted form of it). The symbol of their wounding will always be present so they must compulsively kill it in order to consummate and destroy it. It’s a never ending cycle.

In other words, through repeatedly killing certain victims, they materialize and the immortalize their attachment wounding. Their efforts to repeatedly and symbolically destroy the original wounding, they end up demonstrating their deep attachment to that attachment wounding.”

This line of thinking also demonstrates the oscillating and convergent thinking of Ni (or NiTe since in traditional socionics that type falls under D-A cognition) as I explained in that same post,

“…this type of cognition tends towards a natural inclination for paradoxical thinking; in other words, it’s linear but imagine two separate parallel lines (one line is blue and the other is red) that run alongside each other and gradually those lines intertwine over time. The properties of each line interact with each other and eventually both lines converge to form a purple line. The purple line is not just a combination of the red and blue line, but it’s an entirely new line with a new set of properties different from the red and blue lines. These new properties are emergent and transformed. The time line is linear but the progression of that time can’t be demonstrated through atomistic snap shots (i.e this event happened, and then this event happened, etc.). It’s better to describe HOW those events progress over time and influence each other.”

My tritype, cognitive type, and birth chart share a consistent through line and that can’t be an accident. So there is something more at play here. As for parts I don’t relate to, I actually don’t have any counterpoints. In my more pathological states, I do fall into paranoid and eccentric thinking and habits. Maybe a superficial counterpoint would be that I don’t see myself as a false prophet, but that’s just my perspective.

Whatever I don’t get to on this question will be mentioned and explained under questions 4 and 5.

2) Do other people see you in the themes associated with your first function?  Have you received feedback about these qualities from others?

The way that I’ve described myself above has also been informed by the way others have described me. I’ve been described as enlightened, wise, insightful, and intelligent. To clarify, all the types have the capacity to be those things just as equally as they can be the opposite of those. I just happen to be those in a Ni way through the way they describe me. Anyone can intelligently and productively utilize their cognitive functions. And anyone can stupidly and counterproductively use their cognitive functions. People do see me as contemplative and prescient.

I’ll do the rest later 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Thana.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON