Reply To: Dominant Function as Undervalued

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Dominant Function as Undervalued Reply To: Dominant Function as Undervalued

Bera
  • Type: SeFi
  • Development: ll--
  • Attitude: Seelie

@faeruss – Basically at the time I first read the Se article I believed I was NeFi of FiNe. Which later on proved to be false. The interesting thing is I read that article and I did not relate to anything about Se from it. I didn’t feel any connection between myself and Se and I actually felt moved that there were people (Se users) who were so different from me and I thought I must be more understanding in my relationship to them. :))

After you guys told me I am actually SeFi, it took me almost a month to accept it and I only did it because vultologically it makes sense and because I do think of myself as highly Pe, so Pe makes sense, Se not so much but I don’t toggle. :))

With Se there might be many, many reasons for not accepting it fully and I mentioned some here and there. It’s not a likable function, at least in my opinion. If you write a story, most probably the Se lead will not be the main character or a nice supporting character, he will be the main villain. The antagonist.

The thing is I do feel a pull in that direction. And it’s not as much because of who I am as it is because of people’s perception of who I am. I am trying very hard to always keep good intentions. But somehow I can feel this is sometimes misinterpreted in some weird way, like people might think I am doing certain stuff because I want something specific (being an opportunist) and obviously I am doing stuff to obtain other stuff, like everyone else. But then they see something so evil and tainted in my intentions that I am a bit shocked discovering it. I wouldn’t think of doing anything truly evil but some people seem to be under the impression that this is my life’s purpose. :)) And if you look at it from this perspective, the Se description is tempting. Because if I went all Trickster at least I wouldn’t have to wonder why people perceive me as a…not very nice person; I would at least play the part others seem to expect from me.

Oh, and there is a big part of Se that I don’t find wicked but a bit boring and trivial – stuff that doesn’t matter and is not even worth discussing. Like Meta pointed out yesterday posting this song :

So, despite the wonderful dark potential 🙂 my only temptation to follow Se’s lead is the wish to just play the antagonist people literally ASK me to play. It’s a way of saying well if you’re asking for it, ok. :)) But I’m not that much in exploring Se stuff just for myself.

This is different from the way I see Ni. I also perceive Ni as potentially dark. In case of Ni though, I feel allured by it. I would like to experience it more for myself, not as a response to society.

That’s why I was saying we might focus more on the last function. I think that that one would be also easier to develop because it’s connected to the first and it’s somehow completing it. I don’t know if you guys came to any conclusion on lines of development, so if statistically usually people tend to develop certain functions first and the other ones later.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Bera.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON