Reply To: NeFi's with Social Anxiety

Home Page Forums General Psychology NeFi's with Social Anxiety Reply To: NeFi's with Social Anxiety

Lumi
Participant
  • Type: NeFi
  • Development: ll--
  • Attitude: Seelie

How would most people describe you? (i.e. antisocial? hermetic? …or.. bubbly when she’s comfortable, stiff when she’s not? ;p)

Actually, yes! I think the description is kind of similar to what’s in the brackets. Some people at school tell me that I’m pretty cold, reserved and weird when they first meet me. I think that has to do with the way I school my expression into something more cold, so other people will not be able to see who I am and how I feel. Furthermore, I don’t really initiate conversations. Kind of like Jaiden, I avoid the store employees and try to find whatever it is I need myself, haha. I think I’m afraid of potential reactions the other person may have if I do converse with them. I think my voice tends to be quiet as well when conversing as some people have already pointed that out, hoho.

My parents tell me that I’m anti-social and that I stay at home too much. They often compare my current version to my younger self. I think I was more sociable with my family and friends when I was younger. But one thing hasn’t really changed: how I acted in school. Ever since I started kindergarten, I became a bit reserved because I didn’t really know anyone there and was too afraid to talk to anyone. To this day, my teachers still write that I’m very quiet in class, that I work best in small groups and that I am not a risk-taker. My parents and tutors tell me that I can overthink in certain situations. They say that “IT’S GOING TO BE FINE” and that I’m “GOING TO BE OKAY,” haha. Oh, and my friends say that I can be sort of outgoing, but that I’m also becoming more reserved each year? I think my social anxiety is getting better though…. I’m not too sure. :p

Hoho, I hope I kind of answered that question?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Lumi.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON