Reply To: How do Temperaments Work? Is there a Limit to Possibilities for Modulation?

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions How do Temperaments Work? Is there a Limit to Possibilities for Modulation? Reply To: How do Temperaments Work? Is there a Limit to Possibilities for Modulation?

Auburn
Keymaster
  • Type: TiNe
  • Development: l--l
  • Attitude: Adaptive

This article covers the essentials of temperament:

Introduction to Temperaments

The temperament system is depreciated in CT because it’s essentially broken. And it cannot be unbroken due to inherent limits. For example, as soon as you get a 3-4 function conscious individual, it cannot support them. I’d like to walk through one type, as an example, and see what develops when we apply developments/etc to them:

SeFi l— Seelie + Se Ego

^ This person may be ESF in temperament, and straightforward. An Elle Fanning type.

SeFi l— Seelie + Fi Ego

^ This person may be ISF in temperament due to their ego being in Fi, despite not having a conscious Fi function.

SeFi ll– Seelie + Ni Ego

^ This person may be INF in temperament due to being conscious in Fi (I) and furthermore by having an Ni (N) Ego fixation.

SeFi l-l- Unseelie + Se Ego

^ This person may be EST in temperament due to having an Unseelie (correlates to “T”) attitude, and an Se Ego.

SeFi l-l- Unseelie + Ni Ego

^ This person may have an ENT temperament due to having an Unseelie (correlates to “T”) attitude, and an Ni (N) Ego.

SeFi ll-l Unseelie + Te Ego

^ This person may have an INT temperament due to being double-introverted (I), having an Unseelie (correlates to “T”) attitude, and a Te (T) Ego.

As you can see, we’ve essentially run through the whole spectrum of temperaments, by accounting for all the variables within development/ego/attitude. This is why people mistype so prominently across typology communities. Mostly it’s because the focus of people’s minds is in their ego and in their attitudes.

Not many people think of themselves in terms of their metabolic processing. We associate most with our preferences, rather than how we calculate and compute reality at the millisecond scale. If our preferences happen to be aligned with our metabolic processing then we get it right, but otherwise we misjudge.

It’s definitely possible for SeFi’s to be INF in temperament, and any other temperament. Any type can identify as any temperament as far as I can tell. This makes temperament not very useful or telling at the individual level, but it does factor in at the interpersonal level.

As I mention in the article, a group of people of four different energetic quadrants can rally together over “ENT” interests like Dungeons & Dragons. Or people from diverse quadrants can all share an affinity for INF poetry, art, empathy and romance. Temperament is more of a general platform or shared space of radiance.

Most typology forums (i.e. INFJforum / INTPforum) are essentially hubs of “INF” and “INT” temperaments, respectively. Anyone who identifies with those preferences generally has something related to contribute to that discussion. So I don’t mean to entirely devalue it. It has its application if we don’t look at it as an identity/type, but as a set of attitudes that join together in terms of interests, habits, shared topics, preferences, etc.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Auburn.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON