Reply To: Consciousness and Sense of Self

Index Forums Spirituality & Philosophy Consciousness and Sense of Self Reply To: Consciousness and Sense of Self

Cedar
Participant
  • Type: FiNe
  • Development: lll-
  • Attitude: Seelie

I know there’s something more than just our brains functioning. We are surrounded and filled with consciousness…to an unnecessary level. I’m not sure if you’ve ever heard or thought about the hard problem of consciousness. As much as I love science, there is more than we can currently pick up on using that medium. I fundamentally know that we are spiritual beings having a human experience. I agree with Jill that we can tap into that spiritual bliss and loving awareness if we choose to…keeping in mind that it is easier for some and harder for others. Some things are helpful like meditation, holotropic breathwork, psychedelics, etc.

If we use psychology, when it comes to separate parts of the self, there’s our ego, other segments of us that were damaged along the way, and then our compassionate observer. Have you ever heard of the Advaita Vedanta philosophy of Jivatman, Atman, and Brahman? It is how I see things are set up for all of us. For me it cleared things up and made all of the pieces fit together. It’s not for everyone though 😉

As for Fi and autism, my stepson is autistic and has some additional disorders. He has no depth of feelings, so I agree that there’s a disconnect on how those relate. Many folks on the spectrum do have deep feelings, but just as many don’t. Perhaps it has more to do with Te and Si?

You had a lot of great things to mull over. It’s fun to think and discuss this stuff!

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON