Reply To: Model 2: The P Systems (Draft)

Index Forums Cognitive Functions Model 2: The P Systems (Draft) Reply To: Model 2: The P Systems (Draft)

Alice
Participant
  • Type: FiSe
  • Development: ll--
  • Attitude: Unseelie

Is this a similar process to the kind of casual background brainstorming we do in daily life? For example, if you think to yourself, “what do I want for dinner?” Is this an actual generative process of figuring out what to eat, or is there a list of things we know we have in the cupboard that we explore and splice together into a meal? I suppose this is different for everyone and just one example, but I guess the overall question is this – when we have a large (or infinite) range of choices between equally viable options for something, is it a P+ process that “finds” the one to do, or is a J process involved too in order to find the “right” one?

Also sidenote, could that kind of mind-palace example you described be used in CT interviews to guide someone into using their P processes? Instead of asking general questions, an interviewer could ask an interviewee to preform specific mental tasks like guiding us through their childhood home, or describing what their favorite band is and why, or describing what kind of person they think they are!

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON