Reply To: (V)ortical vs (M)odular

Index Forums Cognitive Functions (V)ortical vs (M)odular Reply To: (V)ortical vs (M)odular

Auburn
Keymaster
  • Type: TiNe
  • Development: l--l
  • Attitude: Adaptive

I like your thoughts on this! I think I actually wholly agree with you in principle, and consider the diagram of the OP to be a simplification. Yet, a necessary premise to start from.

The good thing about mathematics and computation is that infinite complexity can be theoretically modeled, despite our limited ability to really grasp the numbers. With the right math descriptions,  something like V+356 can come out of the calculation, and the full complexity of the mind can be approximated through exponential complexity. Fractals are similar, in that they create infinite complexity through a finite set of rules. I believe this must be true of our consciousness also, and we can attempt to write code which is itself unfathomable when played out.

Anyhow, I only briefly touch on this in this section of the site, titled multi-dimensionality, and I gotta flesh the idea out more, but it’s a similar idea. With diagrams like the ones in the OP, I am restricted to 3 dimensions, and the lines seem to follow very discrete linear paths like you said. But the way I actually envision this existing is in countless dimensions (where a dimension is 1 context/framing/landscape). There’s no way to model this, but just to do a better job than the OP we can imagine this:

^ Here we have multiple dimensional planes spiraling into the vortex at once, and you can imagine for instance that the vortex makes plane one (V-1) intersect with plane sixty-six (V-66) at point 45 (V+45). Here, V+ would be the place where different V- layers intersect, and if we introduce undulation as you suggested, the exact nature of these intersections would be non-linear. Perhaps as the planes undulate, out there in V- metaspace, some of the planes intersect (not just at the V+ wormhole). In that case, you have V- doing planar connections introspectively, weaving together a wider worldview tapestry reactively.

The velocity of the different planes can also vary, so that we don’t exactly know what will intersect with what, at any given moment — giving the perception of the non-causal/irrational. And YET… I would propose that certain axioms are never violated within this framework. Even though the exact intersections may not be known ahead of time, or their timing, their recurrence is felt with a level of inevitability. The fact of the re-processing, the re-cycling, remains. Some way or another, nevermind not knowing how, things will circle back around (re: karma, or cosmic cycles, etc).

It seems to me like part of the life-obsession of many V types is to try to become experts and shamans at reading the cycles, in a very multi-variable reality, where a lot of different cycles are intersecting all the time. And a savant/guru would be one who can read the vortical cycles with high fidelity, and anticipate their timing, shapes and forms.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Auburn.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON