Reply To: Starshade Ti and Gnosis Ne; Traumatic Development/ Growth of an alternate functn

Index Forums Cognitive Functions Starshade Ti and Gnosis Ne; Traumatic Development/ Growth of an alternate functn Reply To: Starshade Ti and Gnosis Ne; Traumatic Development/ Growth of an alternate functn

Auburn
Keymaster
  • Type: TiNe
  • Development: l--l
  • Attitude: Adaptive

Heh, gnosis I feel your pain. 🙂 Believe me when I say the decision to move to the new notation was not born of convenience or desire, but of necessity. I hope to wrote more about this later, but for now I wanna say that you needn’t worry about the psychological and mythological dimension and their richness vanishing, that has simply been renamed psychodynamics— which, as I understand it, is the proper name for the field that includes analytical psychology, freudian psychoanalysis, Adler, and others:

Gnosis I think your interest will probably be strongest in psychodynamics, and that’s wonderful. Different members can specialize in different aspects. I am not eliminating this dimension in Model 2. It has actually been given more room than before, not less. This presents a good introduction of what I mean: https://cognitivetypology.com/index.php?title=Psychodynamics

The full implications of Model 2 will not mature immediately. And I think its design will pave the way for a rich expansion of research and thought– but it’s such a large undertaking that right now it only looks like an empty shell with excessive and repetitive labeling. As these labels are fleshed out and as each dimension/facet of a cognitive function is properly parsed-out, I think it will be feel cumbersome to go back to the old nomenclature.

Right now CT is moving into a bigger house, and right now many of the rooms are empty. But over time they’ll be filled — leading to a far richer theory than what could have ever fit in the old scaffold. But I don’t expect members to believe in that without seeing it, so I know I have to deliver on that promise first before expecting any support. Again I hope to write more on all of this soon.

(p.s. Sorry I can’t get into your vultology questions atm. Like with Starshade I’m planning to devote my full attention to vultology matters once the new code is up.)

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Auburn.
  • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Auburn.
  • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Auburn.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON