Reply To: I. Condition-Specific Protocols for Healing

Index Forums Health & Lifestyle I. Condition-Specific Protocols for Healing Reply To: I. Condition-Specific Protocols for Healing

Lilith
Participant
  • Type: TiNe
  • Development: ll-l
  • Attitude: Adaptive

@heresy You might be interested in this one ^^

1. Kidney Protocol

Background: The kidneys are one of the most challenging organs to address. This is due to several factors, most notably the complexity of their microstructures. They’re also highly sensitive to blood pressure, glucose, excess protein, phosphorus and toxins, and although they *do* regenerate they do so more slowly than other organ systems and are prone to destructive scarring (fibrosis). It’s disconcerting then that one of our most delicate organs is also what ultimately determines our longevity, if all other systems remain functional. The kidneys become damaged a little bit every time we eat or exercise, drink alcohol or take synthetic drugs, and this damage accumulates over time until it decreases their function. Even if all the rest of your organs remain healthy and your genetics predispose you to a long life, you won’t be able to live much past 120 because that’s how long it takes for your kidneys to be used up. This corrosive process is also accentuated by obesity, high blood pressure, metabolic and autoimmune disorders such as diabetes, lupus and lyme disease, which in total effect the majority of the adult U.S. population

Western medicine offers no regenerative treatment for the kidneys, and there is no long-term sustainable treatment for kidney failure as dialysis patients experience much decreased quality of life and only live on average of 5-10 years on the treatment. There is a shortage of transplants and depending on the underlying condition life expectancy for someone with a transplant is between 2-15 years. (Stem-cell grown kidneys are in the works, but so far no laboratory has been entirely successful.)

Bottom line, it’s important to do what we can to prevent kidney damage, and intervene as soon as possible if damage does occur. The primary aim of an effective kidney treatment should be prophylactic, that is preventative of the pathogenic molecular processes which lead to fibrosis.

~~~~~~~~

I have been using the following protocol for 5 years to reverse and stave off kidney damage due to type I diabetes in myself, and have also prescribed a similar treatment for my elderly father who struggles with high blood pressure. Daily adherence to the primary lifestyle changes and *at least* supplement Regimen 1 should show significant increase in kidney function (GFR) within 3-6 months. For my father, his GFR increased from 52 to 77 in the first 2 weeks of beginning treatment! So progress is dependent on underlying cause and individual biology.

Lifestyle Changes:

Intermittent Fasting: this is a highly effective treatment, fasting for 16-24 hours and having a 6 or 1 hour feeding window gives the kidneys time to detox and regenerate and also induces ketosis which has regenerative effects on kidney tissues.

If your GFR is over 60, limit daily protein intake to 25 grams if you are female, 35 if you are male

If it’s lower than 60, limit protein as much as possible dependent on weight/gender, 20 grams for female, 25-30 for male

Limit your phosphorus intake to less than 600mg per day and avoid phosphate additives

If you can, remove all dairy, meat, egg yolks, legumes, refined carbohydrates and sugars

Focus on a diet filled with fresh produce and healthy fats such as olive, avocado and coconut oils

Do 30-40 mins of Aerobic exercise per day, as your health permits. Avoid weight lifting, muscle building or over-exercise as this produces high creatinine levels which stress the kidneys.

Get at least 7 hours of sleep per night! Melatonin supplementation (5-10mg) has also been shown to improve kidney regeneration

Supplements:

Regimen 1:

Arginine, Taurine, N-Acetyl Cystine and Tocotrienols to be taken on an empty stomach at least 1hr before or 2 hours after meals.

Pyridoxyl-5-Phosphate (P-5′-P) – 150mg
L-Arginine – 2000mg/morning, 1000mg/bed
Troxerutin – 300mg 2x daily (morning and night)
Taurine – 1000mg/morning, 1000mg/bed
N-Acetyl Cystine – 1000mg/morning, 1000mg/bed
Vitamin E Tocotrienol Complex – 22IU 2x/day
Pycnogenol – 150mg/morning 30min before breakfast

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regimen 2:

Reishi Mushroom – 1000mg
Cordyceps Mushroom – 700mg-1000mg
Life Extension brand Cytokine Suppress – 1 capsule 1-2x/day
Rehmannia 6 Combination – 3 capsules or 8 teapills 2x daily
Omega 3 – 2000mg, good EPA to DHA ratio
Vitamin A – 100% DV
Vitamin D – 200% DV
Super Oxide Dismutase (SOD) – 500mg 1-2x per day 1 hr prior to meals

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regimen 3:

Silymarin – 300mg/day
Astragalus – 1000mg/day
Dong Quai – 1000mg/day
Saffron Extract – 30+mg/day
Eleuthero – 1000mg/day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily:

Take Bromelain supplement with meals (3000+ DGU) for proper protein absorption
Replace soda and phosphorus laden drinks like coffee with hibiscus and chamomile tea
Drink Pu’er and Green tea, as they contain kidney repairing antioxidants

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Lilith.
  • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Lilith.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON