Reply To: Behaviouralism of Emotional Attitudes

Index Forums Cognitive Functions Behaviouralism of Emotional Attitudes Reply To: Behaviouralism of Emotional Attitudes

safsom
Participant
  • Type: NiTe
  • Development: ll-l
  • Attitude: Unseelie

These elaborations are all unnecessarily complex, in my opinion. The difference between positive F attitudes and negative F attitudes is rather easy to grasp conceptually, in my view. I prefer to articulate it as emotional “pragmatism” versus emotional “embodiment”.

Unseelies and directives generally repress the controlled embodiment and alignment with internal emotional states – they may feel them strongly, but the super-egoic orientation is towards creating a separation from the unity of the emotions and the intellect, hence leading to a state where they may “toggle” between detached evaluation and emotional outbursts. The unseelie or directive individual may be rather calm or composed in public, for instance, but may lash out extensively privately because of the pleasure of having to retain this split. They may champion for their values and empathise as the seelies and adaptives do, but such a process will be necessarily mediated by the intellect, and thus may come across as stifled in expression. Another way to express may be that there is a fear towards the embodiment of the emotional states; and so the emotions of the individual may disrupt them at the most unwarranted moments, in contrast to their divergent rational attitude.

On the other hand, seelies and adaptives have what I like to call a conscious acceptance or embodiment of their internal emotions – it is not as much about creating a split between the emotions and the intellect as it is acknowledging the emotions a vital aspect to the life of the intellect, including permeability to the states of others. Due to greater consciousness and integration; while the seelie or adaptive individual may appear more sensitive to an observer; inside they actually have greater precision about the pinpointing of their various emotional states, and may be more consistent in the way they express themselves (there will hardly be any proneness to outbursts), though at times there may be over-permeability from a lack of proactivity, for which there will be a consistent internal perception.

In other words, it is the difference between yang and yin.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON