Reply To: The myth of Te – Updates

Index Forums Cognitive Functions The myth of Te – Updates Reply To: The myth of Te – Updates

Rickus
Participant
  • Type: SeFi
  • Development: l-l-
  • Attitude: Seelie

As someone who has both Se and Te developed, I find this topic of anger vs disgust interesting. I think similar to what Gabriella said, I also relate more to anger, although I definitely have my moments of disgust. I am usually disgusted by what I perceive to be unfair in my environment, and then lash out instinctively and viscerally by shouting and verbally attacking the person (or at least desiring to do so, I usually only show my anger to family members or strangers in rare cases). Once I remember there was a really rude lady at a book store telling me and my friend to get out for no apparent reason. I became so enraged that I screamed F YOU, which was completely out of character for me. I couldn’t believe my own anger and assertiveness, it terrified me.

Even though my Te is developed, I have trouble with it when it comes to the anger part, because I cannot always revise what I want to say before it comes out like hot lava or like an avalanche. I have however learned to refrain from making comments on social media unless I really feel like it is deserved or necessary. Still learning when to wield my sword and shield and when to sheathe it.

I also think a person’s emotional attitude plays a huge role in situations like these. Even though I can be very objective and logical when using Te in an argument, it is almost always emotionally infused, and I think this may be because of my Seelie nature. There is always an Fi agenda behind my Te I’ve noticed.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Rickus.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON