Reply To: Four elements and cognitive functions

Index Forums Cognitive Functions Four elements and cognitive functions Reply To: Four elements and cognitive functions

Rickus
Participant
  • Type: SeFi
  • Development: l-l-
  • Attitude: Seelie

Harry Potter House theory

So I think Harry Potter Houses are an interesting system that I followed. The four elements don’t really correspond to the Arcane types with Harry Potter, its more about the general temperaments.

Hufflepuff would be associated with Introverted Perception and are Phlegmatic, they very much fit the traits of the Senex or Crone. Hufflepuffs value loyalty, hard work and kindness, so they would be probably be a Pi-Fe type.

Ravenclaw would be associated with Introverted Judgement and are Melancholic, fitting the traits of the Prince/Princess. They value intelligence, curiosity, have high standards and are quite idealistic, I would say they are a Ti-Pe type.

Gryffindor would be associated with Extroverted Perception and are Sanguine, fitting the traits of the Explorer and Adventurer. They value bravery, daring, adventure and seem to value fighting for the underdog and standing up for individual beliefs. Thus I would say they are Pe-Fi.

Slytherin is associated with Extroverted Judgment and are Choleric, fitting the traits of the Ruler and Articulator. They value cunning, are intelligent, resourceful, good at strategy and are typically aspiring leaders. I would say they are Te-Pi.

Also interestingly the four founders genders could have played a role in their temperaments, because when looking at the four elements and tarot suits, the male elements are usually hot elements (air and fire) and this also fits the Sanguine and Choleric. So Godric Gryffindor would be Sanguine, while Salazar Slytherin would be Choleric.

The female founders and their respective elements are cold ones (earth and water) and this also fits the Phlegmatic and Melancholic. So Rowena Ravenclaw would be Melancholic, while Helga Hufflepuff would be Phlegmatic.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Rickus.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON