Reply To: Model 2: J+ Procedural Processing

Index Forums Cognitive Functions Model 2: J+ Procedural Processing Reply To: Model 2: J+ Procedural Processing

Auburn
Keymaster
  • Type: TiNe
  • Development: l--l
  • Attitude: Adaptive

Note: I recently came across this concept:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudocode

In computer science, pseudocode is a plain language description of the steps in an algorithm or another system. Pseudocode often uses structural conventions of a normal programming language, but is intended for human reading rather than machine reading. It typically omits details that are essential for machine understanding of the algorithm, such as variable declarations and language-specific code. The programming language is augmented with natural language description details, where convenient, or with compact mathematical notation. The purpose of using pseudocode is that it is easier for people to understand than conventional programming language code, and that it is an efficient and environment-independent description of the key principles of an algorithm. It is commonly used in textbooks and scientific publications to document algorithms and in planning of software and other algorithms.

It appears that what I’ve been doing has been done before already and has an official name. Pseudocode is written in a kind of language-agnostic fashion, so that the specific syntax can be applied to whatever programming language is chosen to program the code. I thought it would be useful to share this — and it’s comforting to know pseudocode is an accepted practice in scientific publications.

I’ll be updating the syntax to the more standardized/accepted pseudocode forms in future revisions.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by Auburn.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON