Reply To: (V)ortical vs (M)odular

Index Forums Cognitive Functions (V)ortical vs (M)odular Reply To: (V)ortical vs (M)odular

paroikos
Participant
  • Type: NeFi
  • Development: l-l-
  • Attitude: Unseelie

When I started reading the section on M I didn’t feel like it fit me. The more I read the more I started understand how it does though.

Though I think I may be developing my Si/M-, I realize how I haven’t been using it as much. When playing any sort of game where I can generate statistics of my play I tend to create spreadsheets to guide my game choices. These spreadsheets inevitably grow extremely complex as I constantly return to them and come up with new statistics that I find helpful in the moment or try to adjust for more helpful correlations between statistics. Eventually I hit a point where they are horrifying to look at and no stranger could make sense of them, at which time I unceremoniously make a brand new, simpler spreadsheet and begin the process anew.

This is representative of my creative processes in general. I don’t tend to have totems, and the moment I feel things stagnating (I perceive too much fidelity between the future and past) I tend to destroy or abandon what I have in pursuit of a new start.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON