Reply To: [Pe II-I] What is your experience like?

Index Forums Ask a Demographic [Pe II-I] What is your experience like? Reply To: [Pe II-I] What is your experience like?

Starshade
Participant
  • Type: NeFi
  • Development: ll-l
  • Attitude: Seelie

1. What are you interested in…? (name as many things as you’d like, and how you came across these interests   )

Reading fiction. Capoeira, martial arts in general, were an computer nerd as teenager, tried learning computer programming, found being semi-dyslectic an issue. Into mysticism in early 20s, while non-religious and not truly spiritual. Gaming in general. Later a bit spiritual, not religious as such, looking at TNH’s Plum village materials and Theravada Zen atm.

Creative procrastinations as painting miniatures is something, I always plan ,but postpone, start, stop, start, stop. It’s one of my weaknesses to want to do things, but not finishing projects.

Martial arts, started training Tae Kwon Do, on and off, then after failing hearing test after 2 months in Army, asked a guy how ITF TKD did it, hearing “the General is dead, the son gave himself 10 black belts in one day, stole all money and moved to North Korea, all is angry and has quit ITF!” I sort of gave up on TKD, it’s petty feuds, ranks, organizations, infighting and high nationalism.. Karate was a lot better, simply put since they acknowledge being part of an Fascist/Nazi regime actually happened, and how bad that was, and how amazing it were 10-15 after the war, westerners forgave the Japanese and wanted to learn from them. Basic honesty. Me and MA is a strange story.

Capoeira, is a dance. It’s more mine thing, creative, and not just something you do age 20 – 25 and trying to get gold medals, or raise your EGO.

2. What are you knowledgeable in? What have you studied and why did you choose to study that?

I used to have photographic memory, now it’s mostly a “normal” memory just extremely good. It made me look semi-autistic, since I always could get into knowledge-rambles, sort of. I have learned to use, and incorporate, and moderate showing that I know stuff, and actively tries to “fit in” better than I used to.

I started studying archaeology, and atm writes my Masters, a bit overtime. I got curious on typology, since Archaeology is an typological science, and I borrows Biology typologies of material science to do my thesis. Basically, I look on Type vs Trait type data constructs, and break down. and discard broken science for my thesis. I am also breaking down and destroying a “pseudo Jungian” system of pure categories 😀

I always enjoyed the strange and vague time periods in classes, Bronze age in particular. Specially since my country does not have an Ego based on being Bronze Warlords or something equally ridiculous, as other Euro countries have, especially Denmark. In real life, I’m not enjoying war, the aggressive fields, and seem to have picked up an distaste for weaponry, which is something I will work on, since it’s a big problem for me.

I enjoy strategy games including wargaming though, especially ridiculous, fantasy and science fiction games.

I know I want to learn to paint and play guitar for real, both is something I do randomly in periods, badly.

One of my failed videos I took of me, which I did not send in for CT, were a 25min video of me rambing about Bussard collector ramjet matter and/or antimatter fusion torch ships, and how it’s one of the only realistic, or practical designs ever. If you had, say, 100 ton anti-lead.. I might like futurism, and impracticalities as ideas of how humanity can grow. I find the ideas of Ray Kurzweil interesting, but he appears partly bonkers in his view everything will happen in 10 – 20 years, so, I dropped the video (mostly since I looked too tired, and it was plain bad).

When it comes to helping people, and psychology, I am mostly an practical person, working on learning to listening, trying to learn how to help others. I did have Nusing and health professions at top of my choices when applying for university, too.

I got interested in Anthropology when taking it as an compulsory second topic in my education, as it is a people oriented topic I enjoyed quite much.

3. What’s your preferred way of answering questions? (i.e. epistemology)

I prefer to not going against tradition and debate for and against different views. My inability to take a side, seems to be an issue sometime.

4. What do you think of knowledge structures? Science? Academia? Philosophy?

I have picked up a bit here and there, to get by in my studies. Defining “Science” were a big issue figuring out my masters scope of “science”. In the end I settled on Imre Lakatos view.

3. How would you describe your inner experience? Is it cohesive or do you have many ‘sides’ to you? What are your ‘sides’?

I think my core personality is an carefree, eternal child. I have basically encountered issues with growing up in an household where my personal needs for security at a set time didn’t manifest in me getting grounded enough to get out, and get a job, so I were without jobs for some years, not realizing it was personal issues I struggled with, not the job.

Working on what I think, understand, and myself, I now know, the household I grew up in had serious issues, but my core childhood was fine. It’s more “Secterian” views on the world than real “issues”, self isolation, etc. I myself started getting interested in the concrete topic causing issues: clairvoyance and “intuition”, lucid dreaming, etc. I basically discarded most of my worldview at least 2 times in my life.

Concretely, I present a part of me which works, I know our view of the world, and how it truly works seems to be extremely limited, but we have free will, freedom of choice. We are not bound, and cannot be bound by any prophecies, the Buddhist concept of Maya might be workable, so is the cognitive viewpoints of Immanuel Kant or modern Cognitive Psychology.

4. What do you worry most about, at the social level? Do you have concerns about humanity?

Society? not really, outside Trump’s mental health.

I’m unfortunately experienced a bit gaslighting or mental manipulation in my teens, so to say, by someone who actually deeply care, but believes in things about society which is not healthy, sane or true. I basically discarded all I knew of the world, over the years piece by piece, and replace it with parts of wisdom, parts learned, read, etc. I got a tendency of being a positive optimist, wanting to get out and have fun, which saved me from going bonkers.

5. In what areas of life does accuracy matter most?

Rocket Science? You know, if the Danish people were founded by a red haired girl in miniskirt or big manly Warlord in 4 horse chariot, does not matter physically, just being a political discourse equal to Marxist ideology (see Lakatos treatment of Marxism if you anyone is curious), Marxist science, on other hand, dont care about politics, but is a part of Sociology, and is valuable. Being politically an “Marxist” now, is still possible, as an example, but hard to balance (I know some, btw). Some scientists made an paper on Postmodern Feminism where “jew” and “Scionist” from Mein Kamp were substituted with Men and Masculinity, and it got accepted no problem, as an example. This is “typical” of some “pomo” science, where nothing truly matter outside publication count, as most sciences. So… I would say “Hard Science” and “Caring” for people, needs accuracy. First is an example needing precision, last example, is an example where “professionals” can destroy humans, not physically, but mentally, with how they act.

6. What is your relationship to age and ‘time’? Would you consider yourself child like? Or more old-man/woman-like?

A bit of both. I think I lean more towards being realistic and “childish” if possible, at my best. Since being “childish” can be an escape from reality, and that is something I do not want, but closing yourself off from the world in “Old man mode” is not healthy, at least not for me.

7. Anything else you’d like to share?

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON