Reply To: On the Sublime

Index Forums Spirituality & Philosophy On the Sublime Reply To: On the Sublime

bella
Participant
  • Type: TiNe
  • Development: l--l
  • Attitude:

That’s a beautiful question @alexandertheless.

I think one of the ways I experience the sublime is in the form of an infinite potentiality, which soars my inner eye to speculative visions of the future.. the future of humanity, and all the ways it can unfold. I quickly realize my limitations in this process, and I am left with a vision of a future that gets more nebulous as it spirals farther away… several decades, hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands of years from now.. but that limitation in itself is part of the experience of the greatness of potential, of  knowledge, of time and space..

In this state I experience the infinity of matter, of the never ending striving towards omniscience, all that was and is and could be, and all that can be discovered, unraveled, elevated into new states of consciousness and new forms of existence. And in this infinite potentiality also exists a subtle underlying hope, which stands in stark contrast to my otherwise bleak experience of reality as inherently tragic. But in the experience of an infinite potentially, my deeper self knows an inherent possibility to change, repair, exalt, and expose new domains in the universe and in the human spirit.

Granted, on another level this experience of a potential infinite can also leave me frustrated and weak.  The understanding that my mind cannot grasp what is beyond its capacity to grasp is simultaneously endearing and boggling but also disheartening.  Yet my intoxication with this sublime riddle keeps me going back to it..

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by bella.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON