Reply To: Emotional Attitudes (Updated)

Index Forums Cognitive Functions Emotional Attitudes (Updated) Reply To: Emotional Attitudes (Updated)

a.k.a.Janie
Participant
  • Type: FiSe
  • Development: ll--
  • Attitude: Unseelie

One thing this reminds me a lot of is Enneagram. Agreeable (Adaptive, Seelie) seems likely to have enneagram 9 for their gut fix. Disagreeable (Directive, Unseelie) more likely enneagram 8 or 1 for their gut fix. This even relates to the emotional boundaries point: 9’s have softer, more permeable boundaries and having a harder time saying no, whereas 1’s and 8’s have firm instinctual boundaries.

@varlawend

Of course, that isn’t always the case, though–this coming from an unseelie 9.

When I first read about the heartitudes/emotional attitudes, I suspected that unseeliness came from some kind of psychological trauma. But of course it isn’t quite that simple, either. Though the article does say this “…but is the result of their life conditioning and how a person has come to route their emotional pathways over years. However, this early emotional conditioning often becomes a life-long feature of personhood.”

I did do a small survey earlier this year, to see if there was a link between Ea and attachment styles, and it turned out that a greater proportion of the unseelie/directive group had an insecure avoidant attachment (as scored by answers to a psychological quiz). But it was only a small group of participants. Just in case you find that interesting.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON