Reply To: Psychological Surveys

Index Forums General Psychology Psychological Surveys Reply To: Psychological Surveys

Ninth
Participant
  • Type: TiSe
  • Development: l--l
  • Attitude: Directive

For those who scored highest on a function that does not match their lead in vultology, what do you think of the result? – @Auburn

The output surprised me because I said right a few days ago: “I feel like I’ve been losing Pi and gaining Pe” (this last year). And they said: “a bit of Pe won’t hurt you, honey!” ^^”
I’ve always been more Pi- than Pe-inclined behaviorally (I was, indeed, satisfied with your analysis regarding my video with Candy, as you pointed to our Ne vs Ni dynamics), but fundamentally a Reviser.
The “”low”” Ji wasn’t much of a surprise for all I shared in my pvt reply to the Ji I— profile before my dev was changed. Even though underlying Ji qualities are there, they’re toned down due to lifetime adjustments.

Spoiler:

>> There is no need to rush into something until one has understood the situation sufficiently.
Words like “need”, “rush” and “sufficiently” make me agree, but sometimes I will “”rush”” because I will feel confident enough about my understandings* of the situation and may say “let’s see how things unfold” or even act as a catalyst. It can look “risky” from the outside. I won’t always judge it necessary to have the same level of microscopic understanding about every problem in order to deal with it (important is to make sure I know my reasons for perspective-shifting). But, generally, I’m the one who says (literally): “no need to rush”. *”Sufficiently” is subjective and, even when I’ll rush, I’ll meet that criterion first (and will feel uncomfortable in case it’s not possible + can’t run tests). I think timing is crucial, too. No clue what this one scores for.

>> I am nitpicky about what I do, and either put in the time to do something perfectly or not at all.
For me, part of “perfecting” is optimization and there ain’t rigid rules. Maybe this question can be tricky as people can have different ideas of perfectionism and sometimes I feel the difference could be relevant to CTypes (e.g.: perfectionism about literal application vs perfectionism about microscopic mechanics).

>> I like to explore uncharted territories, even when that means flirting with danger.
Yes; at my pace, my way. I feel it’s more true of me than of Pe-lead friends, and suspect it’s due to a drive to understand/know and a generally neutral stance.

>> People come to me for the dependability of my perspective, in order to recieve stable and temperate advice.
My views have been stable yet cautious enough to make me unintentionally become guidance for others (and I don’t always like it for reasons I mentioned on video).

>> Out with the old, in with the new.
This will make me appear ridiculous: I can’t compute.

>> No compromise is a good compromise.
I think I understand what it should mean, but there could be problems with the specific formulation. Not sure. I’m used to being the only who misunderstands sentences to that point, but who knows.

> We should exercise caution when attempting to discard things that have persisted for a long time.
> I’m not enraptured by the glitter of new ideas, as I think we should be cautious about how we integrate big changes into existing structures.
The first is more no than yes, the second is more yes than no, due to focus. I’d like to know whether they’re measuring the same thing or no.

>> I have nurtured a degree of pain tolerance, allowing me to bear through difficult tasks.
Don’t know what this should (not) be.

>> I tend to resist using the wrong means, even when it would give me the right ends.
I’m afraid this is too morally shaded.

>> I have a fixation on purity, causing me to struggle to do or say anything that feels impure to me.
Not sure about the term “purity”.

>> I know a lot of facts about historical movements, time periods and the evolution of ideas across them.
I am reeeally bad at it! When I studied Literature, Philosophy and History, I knew little facts because I would immediately pulverize them into abstract understanding, but was very focused on the evolution of ideas. I was a jackass in humanistics before I learned to abstract (one day in my 16 it all “clicked”), despite being good at memorizing.
Anyways, I know Pe w/o Pi (Ne, if it’s relevant) who know loads of facts (they’re like walking Encyclopedias, it’s impressive!!) but have less of a grasp on dynamics (similarly to how some Aspies memorize things with no deeper understanding). I mentioned it because the sentence focuses on collection of facts. Not sure about the relevance of what I said.

>> What’s been true of the world up to now, will be true of the future
I took it more literally than that and said No, but reminds me of “the only costant is the lack of constancy, which lacks even in the lack of constancy”. (Mates would seriously have thoughts like this; don’t know whether that’s Yes or No).

>> I have an insatiable hunger for what comes next and easily get restless in an environment that offers little opportunities for experimentation.
Weren’t it for the “and”… I don’t have hunger for what comes next but can suffer from a prolonged lack of room for experimentation (makes me feel like I can’t refine understandings).

>> A key focus of my life is entertainment, both in consumption and my personal creation.
Entertainment is just a bonus.

>> I see how every situation I am in is embedded in a broader social, political and global context.
Yes and honestly don’t like it so much. I see it, but I don’t think I truly understand it and I find myself resisting it despite my rationale.

>> My preoccupation with utopian visions and aspirations makes my own state, and that of the world, pale in comparison.
I never liked utopias, not even as a child. I remember being fascinated and at the same time uncomfortably confused by mates who were capable of utopian thinking; fascinated because it was alien to me, confused because I couldn’t see the point of it.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.

SHARE: FACEBOOK, SUPPORT: PATREON